diy solar

diy solar

Victron Multiplus 24/2000 shutting off at beginning of charge-cycle

BigBattery advises to set bulk/absorption and float to the same value... so I currently I have it all set to 27.4V for both absorption and float. Absorption is set for 1h but since float is set to the same voltage then I guess in reality it's set to 27.4 indefinitely?

BigBattery advises to set bulk/absorption and float to the same value... so I currently I have it all set to 27.4V for both absorption and float. Absorption is set for 1h but since float is set to the same voltage then I guess in reality it's set to 27.4 indefinitely?

Yep.

I vigorously disagree with Big Battery. Their information is contrary to cell manufacturer specs when specified.

Trying to learn here. What is the downside of leaving float at 27.4V instead of 27.2V? Your earlier post said to set aborption for a couple days anyway given these lower voltages?

Trying to learn here. What is the downside of leaving float at 27.4V instead of 27.2V? Your earlier post said to set aborption for a couple days anyway given these lower voltages?

27.4 is 3.425V/cell. 3.4V/cell is regarded as the max safe float voltage; however, for the purposes of what you're doing and the expected duration, it probably doesn't mater.

Back