diy solar

diy solar

Victron Phoenix Inverter with VE.Direct versions

FiveNines

There are two versions of the 120V Victron Phoenix Inverter VE.Direct for the US – NEMA 5-15R and GFCI. I have found online inconsistencies regarding the internal neutral bonding capabilities.

The manual apparently covers both models. Appendix A in the manual states there is an internal jumper. Online references state the NEMA 5-15R model has the jumper and the GFCI does not (although I did find inconsistencies is that assessment.)

I also found references to model and manual updates, but can’t confirm release dates.

Can Victron Phoenix Inverter with VE.Direct users/owners verify the presence/absence of the neutral bonding jumper?

Manual: https://www.victronenergy.com/inverters/phoenix-inverter-vedirect-250va-800va#manual

Update 5/20/22

I purchased two Phoenix VE.Direct Inverters: 12V 1200VA 5-15R and 12V 500VA GFCI. Both have the capability to change the neutral bonding (bonded to non-bonded) via an internal jumper wire as described in the manual. I verified the capability by testing continuity with a multimeter.

Also, the GFCI is tamper resistant.

Attachments

• Inverter.jpg
    Inverter.jpg
    322.6 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Is either one connected to your home mains?

I will be upgrading to one soon and I'm not quite sure of which version to get... mainly because I will be connecting it to my home's main panel which is neutral-ground bonded

Back