diy solar

diy solar

Victron Set up help please

slowbutsure

Hi

I have just installed a Victron Smart Shunt, I also have a Victron controller and temperature sense. I have 3 (new) 130ah lead acid leisure batteries. I am struggling with the settings. The batteries seem to always be in Bulk even though the charged setting = 13.2. Im not sure how this setting relates to the controller settings for bulk and absorption. There is a constant load on the system which is sometimes 20w and sometimes 70w, its a small freezer. Could anyone have a look at the settings of both attached and tell me what I need to change please? I have just done a manual synch to say it was 100% full. The battery seems to be automatically set to a Gel battery but there is not an option for Lead acid that I can see?

I am also confused on the display that says 100% SOC. Is that 100% of the full battery capacity at 390ah, or is it 50% of that given the floor is set to 50%?

Thanks,

Trevor

Attachments

• Bat1.jpeg
    Bat1.jpeg
    73.5 KB · Views: 11
  • Bat2.jpeg
    Bat2.jpeg
    68.2 KB · Views: 10

Hi

Did you just put a link to my other thread? I started a new thread as the topic is different.

As for the OP how are you charging the batteries? I believe FLA/AGM/GEL can be damaged when charging at too low a current. What does the manufacture recommend for minimum charging current?

Any chance you could isolate the load and let the batteries bake such that you know they are absolutely at 100%

I’m going to start 3 more threads about the same topic so you can vent your frustration ?

Chaps, I have obviously misunderstood how to post in these forums. I am not in the least bit frustrated! I have 7 children, solar doesn't even have the potential to ruffle my feathers! I am doing this solar project because its fun and I enjoy it. I posted this question in a separate post because it was a completely separate question. Previous post was about accuracy of voltage. This post is about setting up the shunt in the settings. Apologies for the misunderstanding on my part, I obviously should have just kept it all in one post. Lesson learnt. Does anyone have any advice on these settings?

Thanks

Trevor

Chaps, I have obviously misunderstood how to post in these forums. I am not in the least bit frustrated! I have 7 children, solar doesn't even have the potential to ruffle my feathers! I am doing this solar project because its fun and I enjoy it. I posted this question in a separate post because it was a completely separate question. Previous post was about accuracy of voltage. This post is about setting up the shunt in the settings. Apologies for the misunderstanding on my part, I obviously should have just kept it all in one post. Lesson learnt. Does anyone have any advice on these settings?

Thanks

Trevor
Don't worry about it.
It's just less confusing for the people trying to help, if it's kept in one conversation.
If you ask in the other thread. The original people who replied before. Will be notified of your post, and will continue assisting you. They are more familiar with the products you are using.

Especially if you’re facing multiple issues with the system. Sometimes a single problem tracks across multiple issues/symptoms.

Back