diy solar

diy solar

victron smart battery protect cutoff higher than resume

John Frum

Tell me your problems
Does anyone know if the victron smart battery protect can be configured to...
disconnect at 27.0ish volts and reconnect at 26.2ish volts?
I want to use it for charge termination with an ac2dc converter.

Last edited:
VictronConnect is the app that can be used to view and setup devices such as the battery protect.

VictronConnect does let you make such settings but I don't know if the battery protect actually works that way. You might want to asking this on the Victron community forum at https://community.victronenergy.com/
I bought one based on your advice.
Turns out the user interface won't accept shutdown voltage greater than restart voltage.

Last edited:
I bought one based on your advice.
Turns out the user interface won't accept shutdown voltage greater than restart voltage.
My advice was to verify with Victron via their community forum. Did you get an answer there?

When I run VictronConnect on my iPhone and go to the demo library for a battery protect, it does let me set a shutdown voltage great than the restart voltage. But as I stated, I don't know if a real battery protect actually works that way which is why I suggested verifying first with Victron.

My advice was to verify with Victron via their community forum. Did you get an answer there?

When I run VictronConnect on my iPhone and go to the demo library for a battery protect, it does let me set a shutdown voltage great than the restart voltage. But as I stated, I don't know if a real battery protect actually works that way which is why I suggested verifying first with Victron.
"VictronConnect does let you make such settings but I don't know if the battery protect actually works that way."
That was the advice I made my purchase decision on.
I guess the Victron demo has different data validation logic than the actual device.

Back