diy solar

diy solar

Victron Smartsolar mppt 150/70 VE.can

MK2

About the victron smartsolar VE.can mppt solar modules.

Apart from giving me the advantage to connect more modules in the future, does it give me any downsides from the non-VE.can models?

Why i'm asking is so it doesn't have any negative impact if i buy one and use it as a single unit for the moment, i want to use bluetooth for configuration ofc.

best regards!

The only possible downside I can see to getting a VE.Can based SCC is if you wanted to use a Raspberry Pi instead of a Victron Cerbo GX. With a VE.Direct based SCC you can easily get a VE.Direct to USB cable for the RPi.

The only possible downside I can see to getting a VE.Can based SCC is if you wanted to use a Raspberry Pi instead of a Victron Cerbo GX. With a VE.Direct based SCC you can easily get a VE.Direct to USB cable for the RPi.
that's a head of my knowledge at the moment. never had that into a consideration at all to be honest. but as long as i go with victron stuffs everything will work together i assume :)

Every time I try to figure out the Victron communication options I get a headache. The VE.Direct cables on my Smartsolar MPPT 100/50 connect directly to my Cerbo GX. They don't daisy chain, there are no ending terminals needed. It was a simple plug and play connection.

The Cerbo GX can do both VE.Direct and VE.Can so it would cover you both ways if you ended up using the Cerbo GX. I brought my Cerbo GX online a few days ago and it's slick.

Every time I try to figure out the Victron communication options I get a headache. The VE.Direct cables on my Smartsolar MPPT 100/50 connect directly to my Cerbo GX. They don't daisy chain, there are no ending terminals needed. It was a simple plug and play connection.

The Cerbo GX can do both VE.Direct and VE.Can so it would cover you both ways if you ended up using the Cerbo GX. I brought my Cerbo GX online a few days ago and it's slick.
Ok! but as long as i stick to 1 single mppt module for now i only need to worry about setting it up via bluetooh and the phone right? this is future problems i'll have to battle with

Ok! but as long as i stick to 1 single mppt module for now i only need to worry about setting it up via bluetooh and the phone right? this is future problems i'll have to battle with

As long as it is a "Smartsolar" MPPT you'll be fine with Bluetooth. I've been running mine from Bluetooth for ~20 months and a Victron BMV-712.

If you have multiple MPPT they can be networked using the BMV-712 or a SmartShunt. They'll coordinate their charging a bit better than if they were independent.

As long as it is a "Smartsolar" MPPT you'll be fine with Bluetooth. I've been running mine from Bluetooth for ~20 months and a Victron BMV-712.

If you have multiple MPPT they can be networked using the BMV-712 or a SmartShunt. They'll coordinate their charging a bit better than if they were independent.
Aha! i see, currently rocking a 7,5kwh lifepo4 battery at a nominal 25,6V system (24v) just to cut the peaks of in electricity (charge during night and use during the day and backup if power ever shuts (very rarely but it happens). I got 2 inverters laying around thou, but the 24V one is the most powerful one at 3,5kw(7kw peak). but the 48V one is not bad at 2,5k/5k but i don't got a dedicated bms for that. for the 24V system i have a lifepo4 8S 300A continues daly bms rocking it so far. at least it allows a 1C discharge rate (which is a lot more than my inverter can draw continues).

This is kinda why i am picking victron so i can choose between a 24 and a 48v system in the future

Back