Video for newbies to install, manage, update firmware on DALY BMS using Sinowealth software

diyhabitat

Hi ALL,

I have a CALB (China Aviation Lithium Battery) 12V 4S3P 250Ah LiFePO4 battery. The battery is managed by a DALY 4S 12V 250A (R05W-FL07) Battery Management System (BMS).

In this video, I demonstrate how I install the Sinowealth BMS software on my WIN10 laptop. Then connect my laptop to the DALY BMS via a USB-to-UART communications cable.

This enabled the Sinowealth software to read data from the DALY BMS, and manage the configuration of BMS. I include steps on how to update firmware in the BMS.

I know I struggled at the start to ensure I was installing the software correctly, & also configuring properly so as not to damage the battery & BMS. The reason for the struggle is because the software installation instructions are in chinese. So perhaps this video will help a small group of people who DIY their LiFePO4 battery management.

This content is intended for Newbies starting out on their FUN journey to managing their LiFePO4 & BMS systems.

Svendc1

Is there already information why some bms (4s 120A LIFEPO4 R05U1) not will showing any information about te batterie in sinowealth (sbs task scanning is doing nothing) ? PC master is working fine also the bluetooth dongle.
I use the usb to uart 3 pin converter link , he usb driver is correct and also the com port an the IC name.... But the moment i clic 'scan all' nothing happens.There are many people who has the same problem.

Sven

RV10flyer

Solar Addict
My Daly's have been nothing but piles of junk. Glitches with BT, LCD screens, poor balancing.