diy solar

diy solar

Voltage Converter

Captain Happy

Hello again, I bought a uxcell 24v to 12v It has 12G red in, 12G BLK in, 10G out white, 10G Blk OUT.
I am working it to a 12V small fuse box. WHERE does the OUT Blk go to? I put the 12G BLK to buss.
Thanks Allsolar board wireing.jpg

The two OUT wires go to the 12V fuse box. The fuse box should have a connector for a main positive wire and a connector for a main negative wire, in addition to a pair of connections for each load.

If that's not what you see then it would help to post a link to the fuse box that you have.

The two OUT wires go to the 12V fuse box. The fuse box should have a connector for a main positive wire and a connector for a main negative wire, in addition to a pair of connections for each load.

If that's not what you see then it would help to post a link to the fuse box that you have.
That fuse block doesn't have negative busbar.

Hmm. I'm not familiar with such a setup. How does everything connect to it if it is missing half of the connections?
A dedicated negative busbar for that voltage domain will be required.

A dedicated negative busbar for that voltage domain will be required.
Ok, that's simple enough. Just not as simple as using a fuse box with a built-in negative bus bar.

I have a buss bar on the board I was gonna use for Neg. grounding, I hooked the 12 gauge BLK in to the buss bar.

I was thinking that fuse box might be dangerous without a ground, I should get a better box? With a buss bar inside?

I was thinking that fuse box might be dangerous without a ground, I should get a better box? With a buss bar inside?
Ground is a nebulous term.

In this case we are talking about the return side of the circuit.
In keeping with the principal of least astonishment a fuse block with a built in negative busbar would probably be best.
A discrete busbar would also work fine.

I have a buss bar on the board I was gonna use for Neg. grounding, I hooked the 12 gauge BLK in to the buss bar.
Check it with a meter for polarity.
With 12VDC most often the black would be pos(+) and the white would the neg(-) unless it’s labeled otherwise.
I’ve learned with the chinese component wizardry just to check with meter even if labeled.

And replace that automatic breaker with a decent fuse.

running a 3000w inverter through those crappy things will cause issues.

replace that automatic breaker with a decent fuse.running a 3000w inverter through those crappy things will cause issues
Is that a dependability concern or a safety concern?

Curious. People seem to hate them but I’ve used a bunch of those things for alternator ’fuses’ to stop jeeps with winches from finding alternatives for lower electrical potential and catching the PDC on fire (it happens a lot!). Plus some accessory stuff in utility trailers with no come-backs.

Thanks-

Back