diy solar

diy solar

Volts, no watts or amps

scmoore

I just hooked up my second solar set up but my sunny boy is showing only volts and no watts or amps. Reading 400 volts dc, no amps or watts. 242 volts ac, no amps or watts. Getting 102 fault code. Which is for grid power being outside of limits. 10% below or above allowed which is 208 to 240. Been trying for 4 days to get someone on the phone from SMA. Any thoughts.

I also noticed on the one that is working the L1 and L2 readings are both about 121V and on the one that is not working I just get 242v on the L1 and 0 on the L2

Are you in USA with split phase power, or in another country with 230 single phase? This sound like the inverter is set for the wrong system. Which model do you have? I can try to find a manual online and see if there is a config setting for that. My Schneider inverter can be configured for single vs split phase by changing around jumpers.

Good thinking...

L1 to N and L2 to N are each 121V with about 242V between L1 and L2?

If L1 is 242V to N and L2, then I suspect @GXMnow has nailed it. it's configured for single phase instead of split phase. Hopefully it can be changed. Not all inverters have that as an option. It's either one or the other.

A week of messing with this and it came down to a loose N wire. Now if I can just figure out how to change the date and time I will be all set. Shows 01/04/2008. As long as it is making power I can live with this. Been watching video from SMA but their screens are different than what comes up on my tablet. If connected to the inverter I get no internet connection and if connected to my wifi none of the pages will download. Thanks for the help.

Calling our local Sunny Boy expert...

@Hedges

????

No one can hear you. The "@" function has not been implemented.
I was just stumbling around the forum drunk and saw you had scrawled my name on the wall.

I just hooked up my second solar set up but my sunny boy is showing only volts and no watts or amps. Reading 400 volts dc, no amps or watts. 242 volts ac, no amps or watts. Getting 102 fault code. Which is for grid power being outside of limits. 10% below or above allowed which is 208 to 240. Been trying for 4 days to get someone on the phone from SMA. Any thoughts.

A week of messing with this and it came down to a loose N wire. Now if I can just figure out how to change the date and time I will be all set. Shows 01/04/2008. As long as it is making power I can live with this. Been watching video from SMA but their screens are different than what comes up on my tablet. If connected to the inverter I get no internet connection and if connected to my wifi none of the pages will download. Thanks for the help.

Yeah, sounds like it auto-recognized 208 (of 120/208Y) or 277 because neutral wasn't in the right place for 120/240V split phase.

208V range is "183 – 229 V", 240V is "211 – 264 V", 277V is "244 – 305 V"

Clocks in the Sunny Boys I don't know about, and don't see in the manual for a couple I checked. Only my Sunny Island has that.

Back