diy solar

diy solar

Wake up Valence battery with a manual charger?

Dizzyfun

I recently purchased a used Valence U24-12XP 110ah battery. The only way I had to try charging it is a Renogy 200 watt suitcase solar charger with a built in Voyager 20A PMW charge controller. Tried charging using this but it didn't work. It appears the cells are overly discharged so it needs to be woken up. I now have a Volteq HY1550EX manual charger that I am borrowing from a friend. How do I go about manually waking up the cells and charging the battery?

The thing we don't know is if your used battery is total garbage even IF you wake it up.

One charger that will reset the BMS, but more importantly watch for out of bounds LFP conditions upon charge would be a Tecmate-Optimate 5

Basically it's smarter than doing it with the Volteq (nice unit btw) by yourself. Major timesaver AND if it fails, a pic of the failed charger indications back to the vendor may help with any return / replacement issues.

I recently purchased a used Valence U24-12XP 110ah battery. The only way I had to try charging it is a Renogy 200 watt suitcase solar charger with a built in Voyager 20A PMW charge controller. Tried charging using this but it didn't work. It appears the cells are overly discharged so it needs to be woken up. I now have a Volteq HY1550EX manual charger that I am borrowing from a friend. How do I go about manually waking up the cells and charging the battery?
You might need the external BMS that is made for these batteries to wake it up. I have the RT series which have a BMS built in and am not that familiar with the XP series and they are a different animal than a tradiditional drop in battery. You might get the answers you seek by posting your questions in this thread.

Back