diy solar

diy solar

Wall mounted battery thoughts?

DCTip

Just wondering if anyone has experience with the Orient Power wall mounted battery?
My local dealer says they are made by Jakiper

Hanging 110lbs on the wall doesn't seem like a good idea but keeping stuff off the floor does

A standard wood stud wall, properly constructed, will hold that battery with zero issues.
Of course, you want to make sure you hit the studs with the lags, but there should be no issues with weight at all. It's a dead load once it's hanging there so nothing to worry about.

in a perfect world and in new construction we would put nailer blocks behind the drywall to accomadate a lag bolt. youll be fine with a lag bolt going into a stud but i highly doubt your stud layout will work with the layout on the battery unless theyre using a french cleat style holder like bigbattery. easy fix is to put a ledger board on the wall spanning from two studs and then use that ledger board as your mounting point opposed to the studs. super cool video of the build proccess

If this battery can do "closed loop" connection to Sol-Ark, Victron, Schneider and the usual suspects, it could be a good deal in comparison with EG4-LL v2 or SOK batteries. Shipping is lower too. Fullfilling warranties is an unknown thou.

If this battery can do "closed loop" connection to Sol-Ark, Victron, Schneider and the usual suspects, it could be a good deal in comparison with EG4-LL v2 or SOK batteries. Shipping is lower too. Fullfilling warranties is an unknown thou.
it IS a japiker..

same company, same cells, same bms, same build, just wall mounted

your question was about comms to victron, i ( or rather current connected) provided you with a how to....

am i missing something
To my knowledge, having close loop commmunication with one battery (SOK) does not garantee close loop communication with all batteries.

Back