diy solar

diy solar

Want to buy Lithium Batteries...Where?

LithiumLover

I am looking for a reliable vendor in the usa that sells lithium batteries, I was looking for the Trojan Trillium 12.8 but am open to options.If you have any advice on a seller of these batteries ¨new¨ please post it here....please
Thank you

I am looking for a reliable vendor in the usa that sells lithium batteries, I was looking for the Trojan Trillium 12.8 but am open to options.If you have any advice on a seller of these batteries ¨new¨ please post it here....please
Thank you
BigBatteries.com is in the United States just outside of Los Angles. They are only 200 miles from me and I will pick mine up in person so I don't have to pay for shipping. This is one of the batteries I'm looking at. Note, check Wells website for a 10% discount with BigBatteries.

1604030689519.png

Bigbattery does not have anymore of the 48v wall mount systems, the website says out of stock
:cry:

Are you looking for Manufacturered Pre-Assembled Battery Packs ? You mention the Trojan Offerings, so.... Commerccial Batteries will certainly cost more but you get warranties & an assurance that the batteries are well tested with quality components. DIY can be as much as 50% less expensive (in some cases even more). You can DIY with High Quality Grade-A Matched cells and still save some money but without a manufacturer warranty.

Bigbattery does not have anymore of the 48v wall mount systems, the website says out of stock
:cry:
get on their mailing list. they are not out of stock very long. but their popular batteries sell out fast. You only have a few days to buy a battery from them once you get the email notification that they are back in stock.

However, since you mentioned it, I don't recall see wall-mounted batteries either, like Tesla. As for me, I can't have a battery on the wall, so I wasn't looking for one.

The other reason I'm looking at big batteries is that I live close to them and can pick the battery up directly from them and save a few hundred dollars in the shipping cost. - I think these shipping costs are out rages that these companies charge.

Costco has Lion Energy 1300's! Get 4 batts for the price of 3 and have a lifetime warranty at 23lbs each! ----- 4 for $2799

FREE SHIPPING FROM COSTCO. :)

IMG_3233.jpeg

Are you looking for Manufacturered Pre-Assembled Battery Packs ? You mention the Trojan Offerings, so.... Commerccial Batteries will certainly cost more but you get warranties & an assurance that the batteries are well tested with quality components. DIY can be as much as 50% less expensive (in some cases even more). You can DIY with High Quality Grade-A Matched cells and still save some money but without a manufacturer warranty.

Hello, yes I am looking for something that is ready to go I do not know much about assembling and testing battery packs:cry:
I am handy though.

Look at lifebluebattery.com

They even have larger ah batteries. Bluetooth, all the protections, individual cell viewing and long warranty.

Hello, yes I am looking for something that is ready to go I do not know much about assembling and testing battery packs:cry:
I am handy though.
I didn't know much either but to me it was worth learning to get my battery for about 2k for the cells and battery management plus a few tools vs paying 10k ish for the same capacity in something like a battle born. Altho I do see the value of their 10yr warrantee

Well, spend $2000 on two BB or spend $1499 (free shipping) and get an excellent battery management system and a lifetime of 3500 cycles for $500 LESS. Oh, and if weight is an issue, save almost 10 lbs each!

I am handy though.
I realize it may be a little intimidating at first blush but it really isn't hard to do. Will's Video's show the simplicity of assembling a battery pack. The tricky part is testing & balancing etc... but in reality, it is not that hard either and many make more of a big deal out of it than necessary really. The single biggest PITA with building your own packs, is getting everything to your door in a timely fashion so your not sitting for weeks waiting on stuff... which by the way is very trying on the brain - that whole impatience thing, with a dash of worry and a pinch of fear that something will go terribly wrong somewhere...

When I decided to go from Lead to LFP, I bought a Pre-assembled Value Pack. 24V/400AH for $3000 USD but I got suckered and got used 175A cells (for 350AH total capacity) , craptastic BMS and a lovely stainless steel casing. Boy was I (*^%#(()*+)(@*&+_ !!! Thread Here
Then I decided to build my own After Recovering that ShunBin mess (version 1 rebuild). I ended up buying 280AH from XUBA (and started that massive thread) and went forward and built 2x 24V/280AH packs. 16 Cells cost me $2433.00 USD then (NOW $1706.00 USD from Luyuan) and that is delivered DPP (Duties/Taxes Paid) to North America.

XUBA Tech: https://szxuba.en.alibaba.com/
(NB, they have a few brands / capacities & Xuba 4S2P 12V 200AH Lifepo4 Lithium Battery Pack $466 + S&H)

Luyuan Tech (Sister Company with Free Shipping & Bundles) https://szluyuan.en.alibaba.com/

It may be prudent to sit down with a calculator and your bank book and see what makes you happier while remaining comfortable. Sure you will not get perfectly matched, batched & binned cells (that's a costly process) but even so, these are a terriffic deal and you will get more capacity and the knowledge of how & what to do.

Just to give you a comparitive set of numbers. (NOTE: Be cautious when advertisers state kWh values as it depends on the voltage for the calculations and "marketers" play the numbers game.)
12V/280AH = 3.36 kWh @ 12.0V or 4.088 kWh @ 14.6V 12V Pack - 4 LFP Cells
24V/280AH = 6.72 kWh @ 24.0V or 8.176 kWh @ 29.2V 24V Pack - 8 LFP Cells.

Hope it helps, Good Luck
Steve

I actually attempted to rebuild the battery pack on a Prius, Had a tool to check and balance the cells or check were at the right level. But now I don't have time and with the pandemic thing coming back I want to get this setup fast for the mountain home.:poop:
I will say that you people are very friendly and do help a lot, thank you

I actually attempted to rebuild the battery pack on a Prius, Had a tool to check and balance the cells or check were at the right level. But now I don't have time and with the pandemic thing coming back I want to get this setup fast for the mountain home.:poop:
I will say that you people are very friendly and do help a lot, thank you
I'm in a smaller west coast town. Life here is not crazy different. Is pandemic getting crazy in your area?

I don’t think I’d go big on battleborn batteries just because of Covid. Once you have your system in place you’ll likely want more days of full autonomy (more battleborns). For peace of mind, I might order a small BB setup. However, I would plan to replace the BB batteries with a larger capacity DIY setup. The BB batteries then would be rotated to a smaller system like and outdoor shed or portable hand truck to help others in need.

Back