diy solar

diy solar

Want to expand my EcoFlow River Plus Power Station with a LiFePO4 24V battery using a Milk Crate. Always only see 12V or 48V so need some advice.

Rockstarblech

Apparently the EcoFlow branded extended battery for River Plus Is 28.8V. Anyways I want to be able to connect a 24V setup of LiFePO4 batteries directly to the stock battery so that the Solar input is still able to be used for charging. This has been done with the Delta.

Anybody have any ideas on how i can do this? Delta can take 48V so more options there. Though I don't know the Voltage of the stock battery inside the River Plus. Guessing it's 28.8V?

I see 24V 100Ah batteries on AliExpress but I'm afraid to do anything without some professional giving advice. It's probably going to come down to 8x 100Ah EVE batteries but idk if that's efficient and will fit in 1 crate. Would I need a BMS if the EcoFlow is taking care of charging this?

I would think you'd want the battery to be similar specs to internal battery but just a higher Wh/Ah to increase capacity. And I don't know what the Amp ratings are for the internal battery etcetera.

I was hoping to just connect it to the extended battery port.... But it looks like it has 6 or 8 connections. So would likely just connect directly to the battery internally. Unless someone can figure out how to utilize the connections.

Here's where I got the idea... (Towards the end he actually takes apart the Delta and adds an XT60 port that's tied to the main battery). I want to do this with the River Plus

Thanks.

No big brains in this forum? In concept this is easy. I just want general advice. Or to know if anyone else wants to try this too and we can bounce ideas.

Back