diy solar

diy solar

WANTED! Internal resistance tester.

A.Justice

Swears he didn't start that fire.
I'm looking for a YR1035, YR1035+, or something equivalent. I'll happily pay whatever it cost you from AliX (or wherever), plus shipping.

I have some cells that I need to test, and don't want to wait a month or two for a tester from China, nor do I want to spend over $100 to get it domestically. I figured there's got to be some people on here who bought one and only needed it once or twice.

I'm looking for a YR1035, YR1035+, or something equivalent. I'll happily pay whatever it cost you from AliX (or wherever), plus shipping.

I have some cells that I need to test, and don't want to wait a month or two for a tester from China, nor do I want to spend over $100 to get it domestically. I figured there's got to be some people on here who bought one and only needed it once or twice.
Here's the one I bought:

I appreciate the link!

I was told by a member in a private message that some testers (specifically the yr1035) can't test cells over 100ah. Does the manual for that say anything about a capacity limit, and does it do fractions of a milliohm? Those two questions were not answered on Amazon.

That's a good price, and I could have it in the next few days.

I was told by a member in a private message that some testers (specifically the yr1035) can't test cells over 100ah.
It's not exactly true. You can use a YR1035 to test battery of any capacity. However it can measure internal resistance as low as 0.30--0.50 milliohms or higher. A high capacity cells may have a very low internal resistance, and it can be out of YR1035 range. Typical 100AHr LiFePo cell has internal resistance around 0.4-0.5 milliohms. So you can distinguish a bad cells but can't get a precise internal resistance value.

I appreciate the link!

I was told by a member in a private message that some testers (specifically the yr1035) can't test cells over 100ah. Does the manual for that say anything about a capacity limit, and does it do fractions of a milliohm? Those two questions were not answered on Amazon.

I'm not sure if I even still have the manual. Between .5 and .7 mOhm (iirc) is what it read for all of my cells. I have a spreadsheet somewhere.

I appreciate the link!

The manual states it isn't accurate for cells over 100AH, however it does display .14, .15, etc. So, not accurate, but you can use the numbers to compare cells for a suspect one. Readings that low are very difficult to measure properly, and despite that, it's the "we matched the cells" goto for vendors.

I ended up with a RC3563. I was testing 100ah and 90ah cells, so the range didn't matter much for my use, but I'm pretty sure the one I got is capable of reading lower resistances.

Model RC3563 Battery Internal Resistance Tester True Four-wire AC Internal Resistance Sorter Lead-acid Lithium UPS Test

I own one of those and the YR1035+.. Save your money and get the YR1035+
172687314.jpg

Last edited:
Back