diy solar

diy solar

Warning: Ampre Time 300Ah "Plus" has no low temp disconnect/LVD and trips at 100A (rated 200A)

zorrobyte

Don't buy this:

The seller lists them as having a low temp disconnect, but disabled it in later batches because they can't figure out how to have a separate discharge/charge temp; so they just disabled the temperature cutoff completely. They never updated their answers or the product description.

The battery is also rated for 200a continuous but only puts out 110a before shutting off in 60~ seconds.

Read the reviews, testers have been able to discharge down to 9v, there is also not a low voltage disconnect.

Video (yes, my 712 shunt was installed backwards)

Sad, because the unit is at a good price. No idea on actual capacity.

I'd love to see Will disassemble this battery.

Well, that sucks! Was just getting ready to order one of these. Thanks for the heads up though.

Yay, he reviewed one!

I wanted to provide some clarification. The 300a battery CAN work up to 200a (I can pull 160a continuous). I also did a rundown test and did indeed get the advertised 300ah.

My issue is that I was testing in my van and it's 0C/32F here, I had no idea that colder temperatures affected LifePO4 so much in discharge. Sorry about that.

The only real issue is the low temp disconnect and possibly the low voltage disconnect. I'm learning so much. @RichAP Just wanted you to know the updates!

I have four of the Ampere Time 200Ah Plus LiFePO4 batteries. I did testing on all four, and the only issue I had was the low temp charge disconnect. One of my batteries did work with that feature, one did not, two I could not test. Ampere Time has rescinded the feature and knows it does not work. They offered me a full refund, but I kept them as I don't need that feature. Also, I was able to push them to almost 190A with no issues. The BMS did not trip, and low voltage disconnect worked as well.

@zorrobyte , does the 300Ah battery match the physical dimensions listed on amazon? (L20.5 x W9.37 x H8.54) I'm looking at these, and I'm surprised that the 300Ah is the same physical size as the 200Ah. (I'm looking at a van system, so these look intriguing from a power density perspective)

Back