diy solar

diy solar

Warning Group Buy with Michael B Caro

RStone13

Amps X Voltage = Watts
I don't like doing this but I feel compelled to warn others so they don't get ripped off. I have been dealing with "Michael B Caro" from this site in a group buy. It looks like I have been ripped off for $800+. It's been 7 months no product and he is no longer answering my e-mails. So be warned something smells in Denmark!!!!!!!!!!

Hey,
I don't know if you're aware, but there has been ongoing developments about this situation for months in the other threads. There's several of them,
and others as well.

Long story short-- the deals and arrangements that he was trying to make have gotten very problematic due to a variety of factors, but they are in the process of trying to sort things out. Many people are still awaiting either refunds or delivery or other resolution, while many others, including myself, have already received full refunds.

I placed an order for just over 2000$ in March, and I received a full refund about a month ago.
Michael says that he has thousands of unread emails and messages and that he is actively attempting to work through them.

I recommend that you try to catch up on the later pages of those relevant threads about this issue.

In my personal view, it seems likely that by the time the dust completely settles, there will be some people who are satisfied and others who are left unsatisfied to varying degrees.

Here's another thread with recent updates from Michael Caro (as of the last day or two)

I have been e-mailing him with no response for a month now. Enough is enough!!!

I don't disagree with you--- I was just trying to be helpful and hopefully shed some light on the situation in case you had been out of the loop.

All is good now I have received a full refund from Mike with apology e-mail stating he was over-run with e-mails & was playing catch-up.

Ordered 12 with Michael Caro, received 12. 8 damaged and 4 good. 3 had the terminals damaged and they tore a hole in the 3 cells. Electrolyte leaked out in the shipping box. (can see stains on the box), 1 has a damaged corner and the others have dents that can compromise the inside of the cells. He was supposed to forward the pictures to his supplier. It's been over a month now, and he does not respond to emails.
Spent $1500 for 12 cells, 4 are good. Out $1000, BUYER BEWARE....

Group buys are nice until you run into problems. All the problems go to the one that did the group buy, you cannot complain to the original supplier since you do not know who it is. If the person that arranged the group buy decided to not respond to emails, you are really limited to what actions you can have.

Last edited:
Back