diy solar

diy solar

Warning Pylontech 10-Year Warranty

skylink

Warning Pylontech 10-Year Warranty is not worth the paper it's written on, and all the Protection they refer to in the manual does not protect the battery, Beware people

They first said I went over the 37 Amp limit discharge, and yes I have done a max of 50 Amps at times 2500w, I then said well your manual states 74 amps? After that, they said yes but you also went over volt and sent me the records of date and times, I looked at the info, and the exact time the Battery BMS failed it sent the voltage up to 55volts for a few min, thats like 2% overvolt for a few min. Ok I can see that from the logs but then where may I ask is all the fancy protection you boast about?
Protection.png
In points 2 & 9 above. and BMS function below?

Protection&alarm.png

They had to replace the BMS board on the battery and a $300 bill for me. and I had no part in the failure , Its not like I was able to change any voltages or charging amps, the BMS does not allow you to override any settings.

So there you have it and people should think twice before buying this product, I thought I had made a good choice with the Pylontech but I was wrong. And now as mad as hell.

Oh, another thing just let me update a few things here, I also went a little overvolt the day I installed the battery also around 54-55Volts but for less than 2-3min as the first protocol I tried did not work the same as the US3000B but changed from BMS to CAN set the protocol and all good. This battery is the US3000C ,

And anytime the amps were as high as 50amps that was also for about 3 min, I then said to Pylontech, did you know that Dyness rates their battery 50 amp Continuous and a Charging Cut-Off Volt @ 54V.

Then they didn't talk about amps again they then blamed the inverter, you can see how they try to duck and dive at every point, Long story short I needed the battery for load shedding paid the $300, and installed the battery back on the same inverter same BMS cable same settings as they are in LI mode and the whole system is working as it has for the last 18 months, I have been checking it out like a Hawk and volts never over 53.2 volts and that is just as it hits 100% and a min later it's at 52.6 or so.battery volts full charge.png

Last edited:
Hi Guys just an update, they have had another look at this case, and right now it's looking like they will honor the warranty, will update as soon as it's done, and restore my faith in the product.

Hi Guys just an update, they have had another look at this case, and right now it's looking like they will honor the warranty, will update as soon as it's done, and restore my faith in the product.
Any update yet??? I have a warranty issue.

All 8 batteries were fine but this one (third in line) has a solid red light.
When connected alone it shows 79% charged however will not charge or discharge.
The Luxpower software picks up the battery with 22.3V when connected on its own.
The pylontech is just over two years old.
Four attempts and no reply from Pylontech via their site.
Help

All 8 batteries were fine but this one (third in line) has a solid red light.
When connected alone it shows 79% charged however will not charge or discharge.
The Luxpower software picks up the battery with 22.3V when connected on its own.
The pylontech is just over two years old.
Four attempts and no reply from Pylontech via their site.
Help
What is the model of the battery and who did you purchase it from?

Pylontech Us2000 bought from Triple Solar, however they say out of their warranty go to Pylontech

Pylontech Us2000 bought from Triple Solar, however they say out of their warranty go to Pylontech
Is Triple Solar in the UK? They should return it to whoever brought it into the country for testing and then that company will take it up with Plyontech, Not sure but if you are in the UK, ask them who did they get the battery from? Segen Solar could be one of the importers.But Triple Solar cannot just run and hide, they need to follow up. :mad:

Is Triple Solar in the UK? They should return it to whoever brought it into the country for testing and then that company will take it up with Plyontech, Not sure but if you are in the UK, ask them who did they get the battery from? Segen Solar could be one of the importers.But Triple Solar cannot just run and hide, they need to follow up. :mad:
Thank you for that but it makes it a bit awkward as they only offer a 12 month warranty which I understand. I will contact Segen and see if they have a record of the serial number.
Thank you for taking the time to try and help.
Tom

Thank you for that but it makes it a bit awkward as they only offer a 12 month warranty which I understand. I will contact Segen and see if they have a record of the serial number.
Thank you for taking the time to try and help.
Tom
Was just wondering if you managed to get to the right people yet.

Ils ont d’abord dit que j’avais dépassé la limite de décharge de 37 ampères, et oui, j’ai fait un maximum de 50 ampères à parfois 2500w, j’ai ensuite dit que votre manuel indique 74 ampères? Après cela, ils ont dit oui mais vous avez également dépassé la tension et m’avez envoyé les enregistrements de date et d’heure, j’ai regardé les informations, et l’heure exacte à laquelle le BMS de la batterie a échoué, il a envoyé la tension jusqu’à 55 volts pendant quelques minutes, c’est comme 2% de surtension pendant quelques minutes. Ok, je peux voir cela dans les journaux, mais alors où puis-je demander est toute la protection sophistiquée dont vous vous vantez?
View attachment 100149
Aux points 2 et 9 ci-dessus. et la fonction BMS ci-dessous?

View attachment 100150

Ils ont dû remplacer la carte BMS sur la batterie et une facture de 300 $ pour moi. et je n’ai joué aucun rôle dans la panne, ce n’est pas comme si j’étais capable de changer les tensions ou les ampères de charge, le BMS ne vous permet pas de remplacer les réglages.

Alors voilà, et les gens devraient réfléchir à deux fois avant d’acheter ce produit, je pensais avoir fait un bon choix avec le Pylontech mais je me trompais. Et maintenant aussi fou que l’enfer.

They first said I went over the 37 Amp limit discharge, and yes I have done a max of 50 Amps at times 2500w, I then said well your manual states 74 amps? After that, they said yes but you also went over volt and sent me the records of date and times, I looked at the info, and the exact time the Battery BMS failed it sent the voltage up to 55volts for a few min, thats like 2% overvolt for a few min. Ok I can see that from the logs but then where may I ask is all the fancy protection you boast about?
View attachment 100149
In points 2 & 9 above. and BMS function below?

View attachment 100150

They had to replace the BMS board on the battery and a $300 bill for me. and I had no part in the failure , Its not like I was able to change any voltages or charging amps, the BMS does not allow you to override any settings.

So there you have it and people should think twice before buying this product, I thought I had made a good choice with the Pylontech but I was wrong. And now as mad as hell.
hello i have got the same problem as you but i won't send them any file or log because they will use it to evade their responsibilities

Back