diy solar

diy solar

Warning when buying EVE LF280K Grade-A cells with new terminal type!

Not gonna mess with the terminals. The flexible buss would easily work. Four cells out 16 were like this and the seller replaced them immediately and didn’t want them back. They don’t leak, no swelling, the internal resistance is the same at .19 and the voltage is identical to all the rest. Don’t know if I’d trust them until they had many cycles. I may just make another 12V battery but this time not for a trolling battery but a portable 115V power supply. I’ll keep it outside in the shed.

Can't trust the straightness of plastic rulers. Use a metal one to measure your terminals like that.

;)

(I'd better put a disclaimer here - some people won't realize this is a joke. DON'T DO THIS. METAL CONDUCTS. BIG SPARKS AND LOUD POP. HOT.)
Funny you mention this, because when it arrived the box was upside down and the buss bar packet was between the terminals and open. I have no clue how they didn’t short. Pure luck. When I lifted the busses out of harms way it reminded me of that game “Operation”, just no buzzer lurking, something worse.

You risk cracking the whole casting, opening up the sealed top of the battery puncturing the top of the battery. If you do, then what?

Buy Rept cells? :ROFLMAO:

Sorry but Its hard to see why something like this can't be solved... I dont' think you'll break the terminals I think the metal is soft enough to where you'll be able to bend it.

But hey I understand you wouldn't want to ruin a cell either.

Back