diy solar

diy solar

Warning when buying EVE LF280K Grade-A cells with new terminal type!

It's weird because I thought Amy always put 2 cells per box but your big box seems like 4 cells? Strange.

Amy is a member of this forum, I guess contact her and try to get er sorted?

I've messaged her via Alibaba.

I was hoping to build my battery this week. Are they even usable? Fixable? I bought via Amy and paid a little extra to try and avoid drama and stress. I'm just hoping she lives up to her reputation.

Amy is a member of this forum, I guess contact her and try to get er sorted?
Please be aware there are a lot of "Amy's" involved in this business, and even more than one "Luyuan".

Dan can you please post the link you used to contact "Amy of Luyuan" who you ordered from, or the email address you used, or some way to identify the "Amy" to which you are referring. Thanks.

Please be aware there are a lot of "Amy's" involved in this business, and even more than one "Luyuan".

Dan can you please post the link you used to contact "Amy of Luyuan" who you ordered from, or the email address you used, or some way to identify the "Amy" to which you are referring. Thanks.

Via the messaging app on alibaba direct from my trade assurance page for the order from above, so pretty sure it's the Amy who is is registered on here.

The clearance from the terminals to the top of the box is tiny. I'm not surprised they bent. The other batteries were packaged extremely well, and look perfect. I ordered 17 so i'd have a spare, I guess that's the reasoning behind the bigger box to save sending 9 boxes. Unfortunately I've now ended up with only 14 usable cells it seems. :(

Last edited:
@danmc That's most frustrating, are they fixable, possibly.

These are just thoughts, I've no idea if the following would work, so you really should try and get them replaced.

Looking at your pictures it appears to be the new style terminal itself that has bent, just between the round cell post and the thicker part of the terminal. If all else fails you could try and straighten them - at your risk. There's three ways I can think of, first I'd insulate the other terminal - you don't want to have any risk of a short. Then put a metal (could this short the terminal to the cell casing???) slide rule under the terminal bolt holes then screw in two bolts, and very carefully tighten down on the metal slide rule - this should in theory jack the end of the terminal up, the risk is how much force the top of the cell casing can take and the threads. Another option is to put some metal on the cell and lever the terminal up with a pry bar, similar issue is how much force can the top of the cell take and potential risk of a short to casing??. Third option, make a metal bar which bolts to the terminal, place something between the bar and the round base of the terminal and gently lever the free end down thus in theory lifting the bolted end up.

@danmc That's most frustrating, are they fixable, possibly.

These are just thoughts, I've no idea if the following would work, so you really should try and get them replaced.

Looking at your pictures it appears to be the new style terminal itself that has bent, just between the round cell post and the thicker part of the terminal. If all else fails you could try and straighten them - at your risk. There's three ways I can think of, first I'd insulate the other terminal - you don't want to have any risk of a short. Then put a metal (could this short the terminal to the cell casing???) slide rule under the terminal bolt holes then screw in two bolts, and very carefully tighten down on the metal slide rule - this should in theory jack the end of the terminal up, the risk is how much force the top of the cell casing can take and the threads. Another option is to put some metal on the cell and lever the terminal up with a pry bar, similar issue is how much force can the top of the cell take and potential risk of a short to casing??. Third option, make a metal bar which bolts to the terminal, place something between the bar and the round base of the terminal and gently lever the free end down thus in theory lifting the bolted end up.

Thanks for the the suggestions, hopefully that will be a last resort. As I said above hopefully Amy lives up to her reputation and can sort something out. The last thing I want to be doing is messing with them. Whichever way you do it it's going to require quite a lot of force being put on the cell. And if I managed to straighten them who knows what damage has been caused internally, stress fractures in the welds etc.

Nightmare. The system I'm building relies on a battery to function too. Was hoping to be up and running in the next fortnight. Can't see that happening now.

Last edited:
Thanks for the the suggestions, hopefully that will be a last resort. As I said above hopefully Amy lives up to her reputation and can sort something out. The last thing I want to be doing is messing with them. Whichever way you do it it's going to require quite a lot of force being put on the cell. And if I managed to straighten them who knows what damage has been caused internally, stress fractures in the welds etc.

Nightmare. The system I'm building relies on a battery to function too. Was hoping to be up and running in the next fortnight. Can't see that happening now.
Hi Dan, I sent you a private message/conversation.

But in other words: when you order cells with normal pad terminals then still the weight lasts on the top of the cell... this ain't good either

@kuranaga No it doesn't, the standard terminals are short in height, so the foam packing is adequate. The twin bolt terminal is a lot taller, so the foam can't accommodate them and the weight ends up on the terminals.

The easy answer is that EVE or whoever puts them in the boxes packs them properly, my supplier managed to do it and none of mine were damaged.

@kuranaga No it doesn't, the standard terminals are short in height, so the foam packing is adequate. The twin bolt terminal is a lot taller, so the foam can't accommodate them and the weight ends up on the terminals.

The easy answer is that EVE or whoever puts them in the boxes packs them properly, my supplier managed to do it and none of mine were damaged.
still the weight lasts on top of the battery instead being carried by the package

How much of a bend is an issue and can they be bent back? Feedback would be very much appreciated.
Only the manufacturer/supplier can tell you that.

Were I in your shoes I'd do a capacity and internal resistance test and then move on - they're fine. They're not what you paid for, and if your risk tolerance is very low, then maybe you'd want replacements, but these batteries aren't glass sculptures.

The mechanical structure is probably fine within the cell, the seals are probably in good condition, and it's very likely the only damage you have is mechanical between the top terminal and the laser welded terminal sitting on top. It takes a LOT of force to damage the internal structure of the cell by bending/manipulating the top terminal, and the weakest spot is the weld and attached terminal - not the anode/cathode bars. They are in there like cement and the force required to move them relative to the cell is far more than the welded on terminals could handle without breaking.

If the capacity or internal resistance is different than the spec sheet, or clearly an outlier compared to the undamaged cells, then there's internal damage that should invite replacement.

But if the capacity and internal resistance are as expected and match the other cells, then that small bend is unlikely to have actually resulted in internal cell damage.

I wouldn't however, try to bend them back unless I had no other choice. Use them with flexible bus bars, because forcing them back can only result in additional damage, the only improvement would be mechanical in nature, and not electrical or chemical, so the primary purpose of the battery is better fulfilled by using them as is and not applying additional force.

IMO, ymmv, I do not represent the manufacturer or seller, etc, etc, etc.

Update for those who asked. After almost a week I haven't really gotten anywhere. I sent lots of photos over to Amy as I said, and she has gotten back to me with a screen shot, supposedly of a conversation between herself and an EVE engineer, who says the cells will be fine to use despite being damaged/bent. I don't speak or read Chinese/Mandarin? so I've not got a clue what it says, or who the person is, so I will have to take her word on that. I responded asking how can I use the cells if they are bent and the standard busbars can no longer be used, but I have yet to receive a reply. It's frustrating as I have everything I need to build my system now, but i'm being held up by these damaged cells. I'll be honest I am starting to worry that the clock may be getting run down on the Trade Assurance which expires in just over 2 weeks. Although I hope I'm proved wrong.

I'll be sure to update again with any developments satisfactory or otherwise. And if someone could recommend some flexible busbars for the new terminals it would be massively appreciated.

Update for those who asked. After almost a week I haven't really gotten anywhere. I sent lots of photos over to Amy as I said, and she has gotten back to me with a screen shot, supposedly of a conversation between herself and an EVE engineer, who says the cells will be fine to use despite being damaged/bent. I don't speak or read Chinese/Mandarin? so I've not got a clue what it says, or who the person is, so I will have to take her word on that. I responded asking how can I use the cells if they are bent and the standard busbars can no longer be used, but I have yet to receive a reply. It's frustrating as I have everything I need to build my system now, but i'm being held up by these damaged cells. I'll be honest I am starting to worry that the clock may be getting run down on the Trade Assurance which expires in just over 2 weeks. Although I hope I'm proved wrong.

I'll be sure to update again with any developments satisfactory or otherwise. And if someone could recommend some flexible busbars for the new terminals it would be massively appreciated.
Wow, really unfortunate! Had hoped the most recommended supplier on the forum would sort it out, seems like a small thing to replace 4 cells that were clearly not packaged to their packaging standard (which is 2/box).

Back