diy solar

diy solar

Warning when buying EVE LF280K Grade-A cells with new terminal type!

Wow, really unfortunate! Had hoped the most recommended supplier on the forum would sort it out, seems like a small thing to replace 4 cells that were clearly not packaged to their packaging standard (which is 2/box).

Yeah, and It was only 3 cells. I'm basically mullered now. I'm getting the distinct impression replacing them is not going to be an option. I'm still waiting to hear back though, you never know. I live in hope.

@danmc I've ordered the busbars shown in this thread https://diysolarforum.com/threads/sketchup-drawing-of-new-eve-lf280k-new-style-cells.45761/

But, they were ordered on the 24 August, but still have not been dispatched - they said they had to be made to order and would take two weeks. I've chased but had no real update, fortunately I'm not ready for them and could use the ones supplied with my cell's if it came to it.

Cheers I'll check them out. Much appreciated. Getting desperate now. Energy prices in the UK (like most places) are rocketing and I've a system sat here ready to build but can't finish it.

Last edited:
@danmc I know that feeling, I've got sixteen cells, various other bits, but no inverter/panels/charge controllers. Partly my own fault, partly relying on others to get prices from their suppliers, which will probably be more expensive than what I could of bought them at a few weeks ago. That said there is other work which I need to sort out prior to the kit being installed.

Yeah, and It was only 3 cells. I'm basically mullered now. I'm getting the distinct impression replacing them is not going to be an option. I'm still waiting to hear back though, you never know. I live in hope.
Oh, so you just ordered an extra cell? A shame they didn't put it in it's own box :(

@danmc I know that feeling, I've got sixteen cells, various other bits, but no inverter/panels/charge controllers. Partly my own fault, partly relying on others to get prices from their suppliers, which will probably be more expensive than what I could of bought them at a few weeks ago. That said there is other work which I need to sort out prior to the kit being installed.

The quality looks great, only problem is"Estimated delivery on Dec 06". I think that puts them out of contention, unless I order them and make my own as a stop gap. I'm still not massively enthused about using the damaged cells in my battery to be honest. Especially when I ordered and paid for Grade A cells.

Fortunately I saw the iceberg early and started buying bits and pieces around 6 months ago. if you're after any Victron gear I found a great supplier in France that ships from the UK so no import charges. I only paid around £1200 for my Multiplus II 48/5000 and around £650 for my 250/100's. The prices will have gone up slightly due to the dip in the pound, but will still work out much cheaper than most.

@danmc I'm interested, I'm going for Quattro 48/10000 and various other Victron parts - see here.

I also found a seller in France, but then VAT and import charges would push the price up a lot, so would be interested in who it is please?

@danmc I'm interested, I'm going for Quattro 48/10000 and various other Victron parts - see here.

I also found a seller in France, but then VAT and import charges would push the price up a lot, so would be interested in who it is please?

Prices have gone up slightly as expected, but still cheaper than most on some items. Just make sure to clarify before you order about the UK shipping. They were true to their word though, no import charges. Although I did have to wait a couple of weeks for a couple of items to come back in stock, despite them showing as in stock at time of purchase.

My name is Lampard Lei. I am the so called sales manager in his essay. Although I disagree with every word he said, I swear to defend his right to speak, but every word he said will be refuted with facts. The customer's original words are in italic, my comments are in bold. Due to the limitation of maximum 1000 words. I will reply in several times.

Hey Lampard Lei,

How about you comment on why the LF280K barely meets the 280AH capacity and most are in the 276-278 ish range. Grade A with your eve terminals? Even though your official reports list them as like 290+?

@danmc What was the final resolution of the bent terminals?

Sorry just seen this.

To be fair to Amy she sent me 16 flexible busbars for free. She could have quite easily ignored me but she was great. I'd certainly recommend her and use her again. Other than the poor packaging that led to the bent terminals (which was not her doing and will no doubt not likely happen again) I've no complaints.

Due to a few family issues I haven't had chance to build the battery yet so time will tell if the damaged terminals have affected the performance. Hope to build it next week, I'll report back when done.

Sorry just seen this.

To be fair to Amy she sent me 16 flexible busbars for free. She could have quite easily ignored me but she was great. I'd certainly recommend her and use her again. Other than the poor packaging that led to the bent terminals (which was not her doing and will no doubt not likely happen again) I've no complaints.

Due to a few family issues I haven't had chance to build the battery yet so time will tell if the damaged terminals have affected the performance. Hope to build it next week, I'll report back when done.
Hey Mate wondering if you could provide an update on how the system is preforming once assembled? Did you get around to doing a capacity test?

Hey Mate wondering if you could provide an update on how the system is preforming once assembled? Did you get around to doing a capacity test?

Haven't done a full capacity test, but they have been performing well for several months now. The damage to the terminals didn't seem to affect them. I ordered a second batch of the same cells and they are comparable. Although not from Amy, from Fogstar this time, I didn't want to run the risk of damage in transit, plus Amy's quote was almost identical to the UK based cells so was a no brainer.

Back