diy solar

diy solar

Warrior

btemplet

I am a newbie with sore I have a background in electrical and HVAC all I bought a Winnebago warrior it had 200 amp hour lithium 200 W panels I am remodeling it I am putting in a 9,000 BTU mini split max wattage is 900 minimum is 385 watts I would like to put the components in that would handle 800 W do 1000 W I will add panels and batteries later is this possible

What charge controller and inverter should I use my batteries and inverter are close to each other

max wattage is 900 minimum is 385 watts
if you can determine how many watt hours this equates to, the math is fairly easy. Panel watts x solar charging hours each day.
Then determine how much of this needs to come from batteries outside solar charging hours to get your battery size.

Lets guess 500w x 5 hours runtime mid-day, 2 hours night = 3500wh
Guess 5 hours solar charging: 3500wh / 5h = 700w solar at 100% efficiency.

2 hours from batteries: 2x 500wh = 1000wh from batteries
1000wh / 12.8v = 78ah from batteries

I am planning to put 800 to 1000 W panels I am 4800 W of batteries at 12 V I just want to make sure to put the right components to match that so I don’t have to change them out later

your best bet is to use the energy audit link in my signature. figure out how much power you need/want based on all the devices you want to run and for how long you want to run them. once you have that, you can size a battery bank, then size your solar array to be able to charge your battery bank.

I am planning to put 800 to 1000 W panels I am 4800 W of batteries at 12 V I just want to make sure to put the right components to match that so I don’t have to change them out later
Are you convinced your panel and battery plan is enough? I am not.

I need to build a split phase system a I want to run a 240v mini split a 115v microwave and a tv. There is a 12v and 115v circuit breaker that I can tie in to

Back