diy solar

diy solar

Watch out for fraudulent LIFEPO4 200AH "NEW A-GRADE" CALB cells

Here is the identification on the "new" shops offering falsehood battery capacities at redicules prices.
Shop1102345133 Store and
Shop1102321284 Store,
which by the way again are the same people behind each of these two shops (maybe more shops, don't know), using the same marketing material, and answering questions with the same statements at the same time (within a few minutes).

So Watch-Out

I have Winston THUNDERSKY 160Ah cells from 2009 used in small C1'EVs still performing over 145Ah capacity !!! Just to give you an idea of what a +20% degradation in capacity stands for.

If you've been EV'ing it since 2009, then by now you should have the knowledge to know not to mess with these stores and know where to get the real thing. C'mon now.

As punishment, I'm going to make you wire up a Lee-Hart Batt-Bridge circuit just to relive the lead-acid glory years. :)

As punishment, I'm going to make you wire up a Lee-Hart Batt-Bridge circuit just to relive the lead-acid glory years. :)
I fail to see the relevance of this statement ?!?

As I belong to many others that do not have unlimited financial resources, I obviously search the internet for good offerings. You assume that I should know already beforehand, that AliExpress allowed completely fraudulent advertising of products, but I didn't. I only found out in this process.
I have purchased and do purchase many products via AliExpress in the past and present, and never had an issue, so I was not aware adds on products could be sooo far fetched fraudulent with falsehood product information, protection claims and falsehood guarantees of compensation, and never before experienced such persistent denials and lies over and over again in a dispute, as I have now when it comes to batteries.
Now I know, and therefore warn others.

So watch-Out ?

I think he's just joking mate. All tongue in cheek.

I feel like it's pretty common knowledge on this forum, to not buy cells off aliexpress as they're all scams.

Yes, now it is for sure. But 2-3 years ago it wasn't, and moreover I didn't even know about this forum back then.
I even afterwards also experienced problems with a seller on ALIBABA, but finally found a trustworthy seller, that I have now received several deliveries from, without issues on the quality of the products, and now I also have more professional and powerful equipment to test cells with, that enables me to more quickly complete testing.

Best regards and
Watch-out

I think he's just joking mate. All tongue in cheek.

I feel like it's pretty common knowledge on this forum, to not buy cells off aliexpress as they're all scams.
That's assuming you know about this forum and have reviewed it before purchasing the batteries

Well if you read my postings here on DIYsolar, you will find that I did manage to get some compensation from AliExpress, but certainly NOT thanks to these gangsters, who constantly refused to give any form of compensation, just denying, lying and refusing all Proff presented to them.
The big problem is that AliExpress still haven't understood and prevented this continous "business" practice of fraudulent advertising.
I never got a proportional compensation to the poor performance of these cells and their real aging and capacity loss.
I really had to fight hard with time-lapse video recordings and lots of other proofs.
For instance their fraudulent re-labeling of the cells, they just claimed the QR could not be read, which was OFCOURSE also falsehood.
Now there are new shops, that haven't even bothered to have a proper name, just "Shop-############" (some long random number), even trying to promote some 80-100Ah MAXIMUM as 150Ah brand new cells. Looking at the dimensions and weight, you can calculate that this is also just bogus, as no LiFePo4 cells have such high energy density that would enable such high capacity.
Anyway, they keep insisting they are 150Ah, but when you read their description, you will also notice that they will ONLY offer any refunding, unless you return their cells,which of course Is impossible, given the harsh safety requirements when sending Lithium cells.
They also advertise as if goods are already in stock in EU or US, but infact they are never in stock!!!

Best regards and
Watch-Out
OK thanks
Alliexpress must have absolutely no regard for their own reputation by allowing these fraudsters to continue

Back