diy solar

diy solar

Water leak!

ncowan

I have just received a large water bill for the farm, there is no house on this meter just farm buildings for crop storage.
In the summer we graze 4 or 5 cattle in the paddock. Very little water is used here really.
I have checked the meter and it was running around steadily and stopped when I turned the stop cock off.
Obviously, the leak is on my side but I had no way of knowing we had a leak until I got the bill!
I know I am responsible for finding and repairing the leak but
Am I going to have to pay this water usage bill for water leak detection Basingstoke?
They should have informed me sooner when the water I used jumped up?

Last edited:
I have just received a large water bill for the farm, there is no house on this meter just farm buildings for crop storage.
In the summer we graze 4 or 5 cattle in the paddock. Very little water is used here really.
I have checked the meter and it was running around steadily and stopped when I turned the stop cock off.
Obviously, the leak is on my side but I had no way of knowing we had a leak until I got the bill!
I know I am responsible for finding and repairing the leak but
Am I going to have to pay this water usage bill ?
They should have informed me sooner when the water I used jumped up?
Advice/experiences are welcome and appreciated to find an emergency plumber in Gloucester.

Last edited:
I've been through this water leaks deal about 3 times with 2 different water companies. Every time, the water utility doesn't give a crap about my side of the meter and I had to pay up.

Would you forgive the water company if a leak on their side caused damage to your property? Why would you ever expect the water company to forgive the cost of a service they provide you simply because your infrastructure failed?

Every time, the water utility doesn't give a crap about my side of the meter and I had to pay up.
I once had a water company offer a warranty service on my behind the meter pipes. It was expensive. My water is expensive so I have started collecting rain water for irrigation. That is the good news about them not caring what you do behind the meter.

Back