diy solar

diy solar

Watt very Fast drop very fast jump on solar power

3 kw is pretty good it must be cooler today. Do you have a daytime picture of the panels?
I would want something to be a little more precise with the SOC like in the picture below.

I am not sure you need the lead batteries anymore. They are so much less efficient to recharge than the LFP you have now. Mostly the long absorption time required. If you need them in the winter to get you through a rainy period you will struggle to get both charged back up. The lead needs topped off as soon as possible but the LFP is just fine to be half full. If you have room for another panel I would try to sell or trade them for another. It does need to be the same panels though.

Your resistance heater is going to be a problem this winter. You need something more efficient at producing heat. Maybe a heat pump window unit. They have them with inverter drive that are very efficient. Close to 4 times more efficient than your resistance heater.

Did the monthly production chart make sense on what you can expect?

Attachments

• 1A541411-AF25-4559-BF69-26D84795B43E.png
    1A541411-AF25-4559-BF69-26D84795B43E.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 1
3 kw is pretty good it must be cooler today. Do you have a daytime picture of the panels?
I would want something to be a little more precise with the SOC like in the picture below.

I am not sure you need the lead batteries anymore. They are so much less efficient to recharge than the LFP you have now. Mostly the long absorption time required. If you need them in the winter to get you through a rainy period you will struggle to get both charged back up. The lead needs topped off as soon as possible but the LFP is just fine to be half full. If you have room for another panel I would try to sell or trade them for another. It does need to be the same panels though.

Your resistance heater is going to be a problem this winter. You need something more efficient at producing heat. Maybe a heat pump window unit. They have them with inverter drive that are very efficient. Close to 4 times more efficient than your resistance heater.

Did the monthly production chart make sense on what you can expect?
Yes the chart was helpful to understand what is expected in the winter. Its gonna be hard to get power.
Today was very cloudy with cooler breeze but the system reached 3000w for a while.
I am Thinking of the Maglev 2000w wind turbine on the roof for the winter tell me your opinion. (attached photo)
I am limited of adding panels that place is not mine attached is a pic with the wires above it. Everything else you see in the pic doesn't interfere with the sun ray.

They sent me instructions and application how to monitor the battery, I Will need rs232/rs485 adapter and USB to rs232 wire to connect to laptop. I will do it soon.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220813-181737_OneDrive.jpg
    Screenshot_20220813-181737_OneDrive.jpg
    196.8 KB · Views: 6
  • 20220813_180952.jpg
    20220813_180952.jpg
    210.9 KB · Views: 6
The panel placement sure isn’t ideal but better than you had.

I don’t know anything about wind generation. I do know people on here say it’s a waste of time. I know to work properly it needs to be higher than surrounding things. You need a specific charge controller and a dump or diversion load.The rated output is based on continuous 11 m/ s or 40 k / h and doesn’t start making power until 3 m/s or 11k/s. I would try to find some wind data for your location.
Start a thread about it once you find some wind information. I am sure people on here with wind knowledge will help.

Here is a link I found I have not looked at it through.

Here is a link I found I have not looked at it through.
I read it.
Conclusion : don't install a wind turbine period.
I will try to add at least 2 more panels its better hope the owner of that location will agree

What is the PV. VOC of the inverter?
How cold does it get where you live?
500vcd.
I live 80 meters above sea, temp varies
We had 2-5 Celcius last year and it lasted 3 days. The rest of winter will be around 13/20 celcius. We got hail 4-5 times this year.
Attached pics of weather 2021 (December, Jan, Feb)

Attachments

• 20220815_185010.jpg
    20220815_185010.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 3
  • 20220815_185020.jpg
    20220815_185020.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 3
  • 20220815_185000.jpg
    20220815_185000.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 3
Your Panels have a temperature coefficient of 0.35 volts per deg C.
So VOC will increase 8.75 volts at 0 deg C per panel. So 59 volts per panel at 0 degC. So 8 of those panels is the maximum you can use in one series string. That would give you a VOC on paper of 470.
You can have parallel series strings of panels but they have to be balanced. The inverter will have a minimum VOC to start charging something like 300.
I don’t know the max wattage of the inverter but most you can go a little over but you can not go over on VOC not even a little.

Inb
Your Panels have a temperature coefficient of 0.35 volts per deg C.
So VOC will increase 8.75 volts at 0 deg C per panel. So 59 volts per panel at 0 degC. So 8 of those panels is the maximum you can use in one series string. That would give you a VOC on paper of 470.
You can have parallel series strings of panels but they have to be balanced. The inverter will have a minimum VOC to start charging something like 300.
I don’t know the max wattage of the inverter but most you can go a little over but you can not go over on VOC not even a little.
Maximum Suoer inveter wattage PV is 4000w. (maybe I'll go to Growatt 5000es next year)
Inveter max output is 5000w.
So I can add maximum 2 x 545w panels that's it as you said.
I will post new thread for the wind turbine (the Maglev one) as you said let's see if someone tried this model.

Back