diy solar

diy solar

Watts used for a lead acid battery scooter charger?

Santa

Hi, I have a mini-scooter with (2) 6v batteries hooked together and have to charge them 6-8 hours (for full charge when depleted). I am looking at the charger numbers and it's very confusing. I am trying to figure out how much power they will consume on my solar system to charge. Can someone help? Here is what it says: INPUT: AC 100-120V 50/60 Hz 1.5A
OUTPUT: 24V --- 1500mA
Class2

Thanks!

Last edited:
There's more to the story than you have given us. 2 batteries at 6 volts DC connected together could be a MAX of 12v DC. Your charger has an output of 24V DC. They do not match. Either it's not the right charger for the scooter, or there is a 24VDC to 12VDC converter somewhere.

There's more to the story than you have given us. 2 batteries at 6 volts DC connected together could be a MAX of 12v DC. Your charger has an output of 24V DC. They do not match. Either it's not the right charger for the scooter, or there is a 24VDC to 12VDC converter somewhere.
It came with the scooter from the manufacturer and works well. ??

OK, they ARE indeed 12 v!

Ok, better. To answer your original question: get a device like a Kill-O-Watt and plug it in between the charger and the wall outlet. It will tell you exactly how much power is being used in Watts, Amps and KiloWattHours. Without this information, you're pretty much just guessing.

Ok, better. To answer your original question: get a device like a Kill-O-Watt and plug it in between the charger and the wall outlet. It will tell you exactly how much power is being used in Watts, Amps and KiloWattHours. Without this information, you're pretty much just guessing.
How difficult would it be to just (if possible) to charge the lead batteries from my solar set up (2 battleborns) I am making. (I am making the dc/dc renogy one Will just set up.)

The label is telling you the max amps.
The charger can draw a max of 180 watts.
So, as long as the inverter is over that it should power the scooter.

Not fully understanding the question. If you mean tie the lead acid with the battleborns and charge them together, no. Can't mix battery types. if you are referring to the DC/DC Renogy unit for RV systems with the capability of two separate battery systems/types, then yes.

OK, but what I wanted to know was how much power would be consumed from my solar set up to charge it completely.
Not fully understanding the question. If you mean tie the lead acid with the battleborns and charge them together, no. Can't mix battery types. if you are referring to the DC/DC Renogy unit for RV systems with the capability of two separate battery systems/types, then yes.
yes, this one: https://www.mobile-solarpower.com/simplified-400-watt-fewer-wires-and-alternator-charging.html

OK, but what I wanted to know was how much power would be consumed from my solar set up to charge it completely.

The kill-o-watt will tell you in no uncertain terms. Turn it on when the battery is empty, check the reading when the batteries are fully charged.

Back