diy solar

diy solar

Watts used for a lead acid battery scooter charger?

Easy check is look at the scooter batteries, see their Ah rating, multiply by 24 and you will have a capacity draw.
2 12Ah batteries will consume 288Wh so...

Its 24v x 1.5a = 36w x 8hrs.

1400wh would mean you have 2 group 27s on a miniscooter.

Now I'm more confused, LOL.

The little wall wart is pulling 36w when charging. Multiply by 8hrs = 288 watts out of your battle borns give or take. The input specs are irrelevant just look at the output.

The little wall wart is pulling 36w when charging. Multiply by 8hrs = 288 watts out of your battle borns give or take. The input specs are irrelevant just look at the output.
Thanks so much!

10Ah x 24= 240 watts per hour then?
No, it means that battery consumes 240Wh of energy.
Over 8 hours that would be 30watts per hour
Over 6 hours that would be 40 watts per hour.
But more likely, the battery is registering empty after 120Ah of use... so the battery only pulls 15watts per hour to charge.

Reactions: Ped
A kilowatt will tell the true usage, but my guess is itll be pulling a 50%SOC 120Wh so around 20 watts per hour...
Let us know what your meter reports.
To complicate this, the charger likely draws 80 watts for the first few hours, then 10 or so watts until full.
This depends on the controller profile.
It is why a kilowat meter is so jandy.

AND..... charging the batteries from the 24V wall charger will have different charge rates, times and overall Wh than if you tie the batteries directly to the solar DC/DC Renogy. Not dramatically, but different.

Thank you boys and girls. I'll be sure to put a good word in for you all! Blessings!

Back