diy solar

diy solar

Weird issue with Bluetti AC200

mbwkrause

Hi all, I ran into a weird issue with my Bluetti AC 200. I hooked up my Isotherm 12v fridge to it and the fridge would only start after I added another DC load like charging my cell phone. The fridge is hooked up to the cigarette lighter outlet at the moment, not sure if that’s part of the issue. Any ideas what might be going on and how to fix it? Eventually, I want to permanently hook the fridge up to the AC200 in my van.

There's no reason why a second load would make it start working. I'd guess a lose wire or bad switch and some thump when connecting the cell phone let it make contact. If it's consistent I'd call tech support and see what they have to say.

Yeah, it doesn’t make sense to me either. But it’s not the connection or a switch, I checked many times and the fridge was definitely getting power, the light in the fridge worked. The compressor still wouldn’ t come on.

Typically if the compressor won't come on and the inverter resets it's because the inverter doesn't have enough amps to supply the inrush current the compressor needs. But charging a cell phone shouldn't make the compressor come on in that scenario.

I suspect what's happening is that your plugging the frig back into the grid and it gets cold enough that sometimes when you switch it to the inverter the compressor doesn't come on so it appears to work?

The fridge is 12v only and I was trying to start it up so it was not cold at all. Still no idea what’s going on.

Sorry...missed the fridge was 12V. So, not an inverter issue... nothing else comes to mine.
Please do let us know what tech support says (or if you figure it out), curious now as to what the issue is.

Hi, did you ever solve this issue?

I have the exact same issue with my bluetti AC200. If I plug my Dometic CRX50 12v fridge into the cigarette port (and have tried the 25amp aviation socket too) with nothing else using power the fridge lights come on but the compressor fails to start, and the red error light flashes once, indicating low voltage.

I've checked the voltage on the cables and its 13.4v.

If I then add 10-15w of drain to the dc outputs by turning on some lights for instance, the fridge compressor starts perfectly and no error lights show.

I've even tried plugging the same cable into my AC50S and the fridge runs fine off that (with nothing else powered by the AC50S).

I'm sure when I first got the AC200 several months ago this wasn't an issue, but I suspect that back then I had a couple of 12v parasitic drains in my system (usb socket always powered on, diesel heater display powered on etc) - I've since put switches on all of them to try to conserve power.

Thanks

I don’t want to change the thread here but how did you do this?
I use the 25 amp aviation output from the ac200 which goes to a fuse box in the van. From there I have various items connected, and have put switches between the fuse box and each item.

Back