diy solar

diy solar

Weize batteries have gone up on Amazon

I grabbed the 300ah 12V for $900 on Amazon last week. There was a $200 off coupon but it seems to be gone now. I noticed it is a lot lighter than the typical 300ah 12V (60 lbs vs 68 lbs) for whatever reason. Capacity testing it now but so far it seems great.

There is always the cloudenergy! $849.99, no coupons! 0 ratings or reviews, you can be the first!

61vF1QYdJLL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

What in the world ?

That battery clearly states on the side that it is a 12.8 V battery………

And that the charging Voltage is 29.2 V.

Hmmmmm

Good catch. I hadn't noticed that. Doesn't exactly inspire confidence, but the price is compelling. :LOL:

I grabbed the 300ah 12V for $900 on Amazon last week. There was a $200 off coupon but it seems to be gone now. I noticed it is a lot lighter than the typical 300ah 12V (60 lbs vs 68 lbs) for whatever reason. Capacity testing it now but so far it seems great.
Did you weight it to be 60lb by yourself? How’s capacity test?

I enjoyed Will's teardown video of it. Maybe the extra cost is that it is one of the few budget batteries with a working low-temperature disconnect.

Did you weight it to be 60lb by yourself? How’s capacity test?
Yes I weighed it myself several times and got 60 lbs. The reason I weighed it in the first place was because I noticed how it felt lighter than my 300ah Ampere Time batteries (double checked they are both 68-69 lbs) and they all have 200 amp BMS so I dunno what is causing the weight difference?

I ran the Weize from 14.2V down to 10.1V and got 285 ah (at .05C). Not a precise test but its in the ballpark of 300ah for sure.

Yes I weighed it myself several times and got 60 lbs. The reason I weighed it in the first place was because I noticed how it felt lighter than my 300ah Ampere Time batteries (double checked they are both 68-69 lbs) and they all have 200 amp BMS so I dunno what is causing the weight difference?

I ran the Weize from 14.2V down to 10.1V and got 285 ah (at .05C). Not a precise test but its in the ballpark of 300ah for sure.
I just purchased this and am about to install. Is 285ah out of 300ah normal for a 300ah battery? I paid $900 and am curious if there is a better value or if I should be happy with 15ah less than the advertised capacity. How is it performing so far?

I just purchased this and am about to install. Is 285ah out of 300ah normal for a 300ah battery? I paid $900 and am curious if there is a better value or if I should be happy with 15ah less than the advertised capacity. How is it performing so far?
My test was imprecise and incomplete because the battery was not charged up to the very maximum (14.2 vs 14.6) so it is somewhat higher than 285. Considering the cheap price and because it is 9 lbs lighter than the other 300ah batteries, I just wanted to make sure it was at least close to 300. The 100ah version tested above 100ah so thats a good sign. With the $200 off coupon (~$960 shipped), it might even be cheaper than DiY.

I have a bunch of Weize 100 Watts mono panels also and they seem like good build quality. They are the older style (~17% efficient) The best i saw was 92W in late summer New England sun, same as my Renogy and HQST mono panels so the Weize brand has been pretty good so far.

The main problem is that Will was unable to get in touch with them, even though he was giving them a great review on Youtube. They missed the ball that day.

Last edited:
Something changed and the main Amazon ad doesn't gave the 300ah anymore. There is now a $100 off coupon from a different seller.

Last edited:
My test was imprecise and incomplete because the battery was not charged up to the very maximum (14.2 vs 14.6) so it is somewhat higher than 285. Considering the cheap price and because it is 9 lbs lighter than the other 300ah batteries, I just wanted to make sure it was at least close to 300. The 100ah version tested above 100ah so thats a good sign. With the $200 off coupon (~$960 shipped), it might even be cheaper than DiY.

I have a bunch of Weize 100 Watts mono panels also and they seem like good build quality. They are the older style (~17% efficient) The best i saw was 92W in late summer New England sun, same as my Renogy and HQST mono panels so the Weize brand has been pretty good so far.

The main problem is that Will was unable to get in touch with them, even though he was giving them a great review on Youtube. They missed the ball that day.
Good to hear about your test. I'll consider it a true 300ah battery then. Now if only I can get my dcc50s to stay on the lithium charge profile... seems the setting isn't sticking.

Why does the manual say 13.5 as 100% SOC and you are saying 14.6 is 100%. This is my first lithium battery.

During the charging process the battery will reach 14.6V, after some time may settle down to 13.4 or 13.5 and still at 100% SOC. I set my controller to cut off at 14.2V so I could have packed a bit more into the battery if I had set it to 14.6V. Not sure how much that adds up to though.

I keep seeing TWO versions for the 100ah from the same vendor/shipper:

One always in stock at the normal price.
Another at a much lower price if you scroll around, but after a day or so it goes away.

And then comes back for a few days. I don't know what the deal is. Do the lower prices ones come without the cold temp sensor? Are they older stock / returns? Dunno what's going on there.

I keep seeing TWO versions for the 100ah from the same vendor/shipper:

One always in stock at the normal price.
Another at a much lower price if you scroll around, but after a day or so it goes away.

And then comes back for a few days. I don't know what the deal is. Do the lower prices ones come without the cold temp sensor? Are they older stock / returns? Dunno what's going on there.
Yeah, I've noticed that too. It's a good question. In any case, the regular price ones, at $349 have had a $50 coupon for at least the last couple weeks. Assuming the innards are as good as when Will tore it apart, this would be my bet for a lithium if I were to be looking for new batteries.

I picked up the cheaper one that seems to come and go from listings over the last several weeks at $249.99, 259.99 and now 269.99 all with free shipping. I got it for $259.99 and it arrived in 4 days even though the estimate was 8-10 days. It looks perfect, the description clearly stated low temperature charging protection and in the manual under BMS protection it lists a charging protection condition below 0C and recovery at 5C. But I haven't confirmed if that is implemented in the hardware. I'm tempted to drop it in the freezer for an hour and try to charge it to see. I just started charging it up for the first time this morning and everything seems normal so far.

There is clearly something strange going on with these on amazon, the image shown by amazon in my orders page shows a different battery than was advertised on the product page (it looked like an AGM) and now the product page I ordered from is completely missing though there is a new one up for $269.99 free shipping. The model number in the image when I ordered mine was FPLI-12100AH but the one I received has the model number TPLI-12100AH on the front sticker: the same model number as the one Will reviewed a year ago. So far it seems like I got a great deal.

I picked up the cheaper one that seems to come and go from listings over the last several weeks at $249.99, 259.99 and now 269.99 all with free shipping. I got it for $259.99 and it arrived in 4 days even though the estimate was 8-10 days. It looks perfect, the description clearly stated low temperature charging protection and in the manual under BMS protection it lists a charging protection condition below 0C and recovery at 5C. But I haven't confirmed if that is implemented in the hardware. I'm tempted to drop it in the freezer for an hour and try to charge it to see. I just started charging it up for the first time this morning and everything seems normal so far.

There is clearly something strange going on with these on amazon, the image shown by amazon in my orders page shows a different battery than was advertised on the product page (it looked like an AGM) and now the product page I ordered from is completely missing though there is a new one up for $269.99 free shipping. The model number in the image when I ordered mine was FPLI-12100AH but the one I received has the model number TPLI-12100AH on the front sticker: the same model number as the one Will reviewed a year ago. So far it seems like I got a great deal.
Well keep us posted, thanks!

I hope it's not the case of someone faking the Weize batteries now that Will gave them a good review.

Back