diy solar

diy solar

Weize batteries have gone up on Amazon

Hi I got that Model number too TPLI-12100AH, 299.00 for mine It's been hooked up for 3 weeks now. working great time will tell. found there website haven't had to contacted them yet. 10 year warranty hooked up in parallel with POWR Queen 100ah lifepo4 12v charged it to the same voltage as the Powr Queen left them hooked up for 24hrs alone. hooked the to my set up both keep the same voltage charging or discharge.

Hi I got that Model number too TPLI-12100AH, 299.00 for mine It's been hooked up for 3 weeks now. working great time will tell. found there website haven't had to contacted them yet. 10 year warranty hooked up in parallel with POWR Queen 100ah lifepo4 12v charged it to the same voltage as the Powr Queen left them hooked up for 24hrs alone. hooked the to my set up both keep the same voltage charging or discharge.
I contact Weize through their website about 2 weeks ago, asking about how their warranty support works. No word from them yet. Which doesn't support any idea that their warranty is any good.

I mean I've only been researching the Weize LiFePO4 batteries for about a month now and so far I've yet to come across anyone say anything good or bad about their warranty. Which is not comforting.

I mean I've only been researching the Weize LiFePO4 batteries for about a month now and so far I've yet to come across anyone say anything good or bad about their warranty. Which is not comforting.

Depends on how you look at it. If nobody has said anything, then maybe none have felt the need for warranty issues.

Also don't worry too much about not getting a response about it. At least at this price level. Calls from non-owners about warranty details, is a red-flag that a warranty scammer is afoot. Sad, but true.

Also don't worry too much about not getting a response about it. At least at this price level. Calls from non-owners about warranty details, is a red-flag that a warranty scammer is afoot. Sad, but true.
Good point. I hadn’t thought of it from a scammer’s perspective.

I did some tests on the battery today. I don't have a test setup for accurately testing the capacity but I fully charged it and then ran it all the way to dead through my new Victron Phoenix 500 inverter running a food dehydrator that cycled back and forth between 530W and 30W. I plugged a kill-a-watt meter into the inverter output and used it's kWh setting to track to total energy. It seemed to run as expected and had no problem putting out 60A currents. The kill-a-watt showed a total of 920Wh after it ran down to 10V and the inverter was about 74% efficient (according to my measurement of the DC current with a clamp meter). So accounting for the inverter losses that should be about 920Wh/.74=1243Wh which is right in normal range for a 100Ah spec. I haven't tried the freezer test yet, but I haven't found anything to complain about yet. I actually ordered another one at $269.99 on Monday. It looks like it's up to $299.99 now.

I just wanted to let anybody who read this thread that I bought $16000 worth of rack and wall type batteries from a company called TAICO power over alibaba. All good comments and so called ‘3 year watranty’ tricked me into it. Batteries came after 3 months and 3 of them have big problems. After first charge State of Health was 85%. Clearly they use either faulty or used batteries in their rack type. They even acknowledged cells have problems after i sent them bms error logs. It has been 2 months and they have not done anything for warranty. They started with chinese holidays, then covid (in sept 2022) and then they even said as an excuse nobody feels like working after holiday. Now i can not install any of them to my customers. Because I have strong feeling that others will fail and obviously their warranty was fake. So please trust companies that have solid references in your country.

Last edited:
I just wanted to let anybody who read this thread that I bought $16000 worth of rack and wall type batteries from a company called TAICO power over alibaba. All good comments and so called ‘3 year watranty’ tricked me into it. Batteries came after 3 months and 3 of them have big problems. After first charge State of Health was 85%. Clearly they use either faulty or used batteries in their rack type. They even acknowledged cells have problems after i sent them bms error logs. It has been 2 months and they have not done anything for warranty. They started with chinese holidays, then covid (in sept 2022) and then they even said as an excuse nobody feels like working after holiday. Now i can not install any of them to my customers. Because I have strong feeling that others will fail and obviously their warranty was fake. So please do not trust these companies unless they have solid references in your country.
I'm sorry that happened to you. I've seen tempting deals on alibaba but I'm not sure I'd be brave enough to spend $16k. In this case, these Weize batteries are being sold on Amazon which presumably would honor the return policy. I was fully expecting to get a broken or fake battery and return it. I mean I see what you are saying, but I actually ordered two of them, received them, and tested them and so far so good. I think one of the main points of this forum is for us to post our actual experiences with different brands to inform the community of good or bad products and I appreciate your warning about TAICO.

In the manual, the email address inquiry@weizeus.com is listed and the phone number (470)-300-9457. I haven't tried to contact them because I haven't had any issues whatsoever, but I don't think it's fair that since you were unhappy with your purchase from TAICO that you think this applies to all "these companies".

Last edited:
Confirmed by freezer testing that mine ordered this month does have cold temp protection:

I purchased a Weize 100ah LifeP04 battery from Amazon a few weeks ago. It came with swollen sides. Did a capacity test and got 1209ah. Seems to work ok but am reluctant to install it in my garage where it will be used every day. Amazon’s policy is no returns. Seller emailed me saying as long as voltage is good, no problem! Will not replace.

Did a capacity test and got 1209ah.
Do you mean 1209Wh?

Maybe it depends on what seller you buy it from on Amazon, but mine said returnable through Jan31st, 2022. Actually I looked back to the first one I bought Oct 9th for $259.99 and it says "This item isn't eligible for return. For safety reasons, items containing flammable liquids or gases can’t be returned to Amazon. For more information or help, please contact us."

But the second one I bought Oct 17th for $269.99 does let me start a return so I guess it varies. I saved a screenshot of the item page before I ordered it to make sure they couldn't delete or change things on me. Anyway, these look like they are up to $299.99 so this deal seems over for now.

Capture4.PNG

I'm sorry that happened to you. I've seen tempting deals on alibaba but I'm not sure I'd be brave enough to spend $16k. In this case, these Weize batteries are being sold on Amazon which presumably would honor the return policy. I was fully expecting to get a broken or fake battery and return it. I mean I see what you are saying, but I actually ordered two of them, received them, and tested them and so far so good. I think one of the main points of this forum is for us to post our actual experiences with different brands to inform the community of good or bad products and I appreciate your warning about TAICO.

In the manual, the email address inquiry@weizeus.com is listed and the phone number (470)-300-9457. I haven't tried to contact them because I haven't had any issues whatsoever, but I don't think it's fair that since you were unhappy with your purchase from TAICO that you think this applies to all "these companies".
I was specifically saying TAICO. I know there are good and honest ones around. I just wanted to warn people TAICO is not one of them.

Attachments

• 811E43C0-8BF0-462E-9F65-765857B845E3.jpeg
    811E43C0-8BF0-462E-9F65-765857B845E3.jpeg
    91 KB · Views: 3
I was specifically saying TAICO. I know there are good and honest ones around. I just wanted to warn people TAICO is not one of them.
I saw your original duplicate post in another thread.

Thing is, this thread is about Weize batterys on Amazon, so people doing business on Alibaba and dealing with TAICO are probably not going to see it or be able to heed your warning. Maybe in the Solar Vendors category would be better?

Also know that in these days of the anonymous internet, going overboard on warnings can sometimes be seen as a competitor trying to trash-talk another. Just saying...

It is not necessary to escalate this to trash talk level. Yes i did leave comments when i see the fit. I absolutely think that people should know. You are also right about ‘all these companies’ comment. I removed that so that it wont damage companies that do honest business. But again it is what happened and i will make sure people know the truth about this company. I also suggest people who are using alibaba; if you have doubts about a company pay through alibaba. Otherwise alibaba does not do anything. I filed a claim there but i doubt they will do anything (since the payment was offline).

Last edited:
I also suggest people who are using alibaba; if you have doubts about a company pay through alibaba.
Thanks for that tip, I didn't know that.

You are also right about ‘all these companies’ comment. I removed that so that it wont damage companies that do honest business.
Thanks for removing that. FYI it was a different person you were replying to in the last message. I appreciate you telling people about your experience and its worth thinking through the potential return process and customer support before you make a purchase, especially from small or unknown brands so it's a good reminder for people looking for the cheapest batteries available.

It is not necessary to escalate this to trash talk level. Yes i did leave comments when i see the fit. I absolutely think that people should know......
....But again it is what happened and i will make sure people know the truth about this company.

I understand you are upset. And it's fine to let people know.

I'm just saying that when it goes beyond that, beyond discussion, and the forum becomes a personal springboard for a consumer-protection agenda (right or wrong), maybe it's time to set up your own site, blog, or whatever.

The reality is that while your advice seems sound, NONE of it can be verified by us as a true story. Don't get upset at this - this is a fact. I have a Rolls-Royce in my driveway powered by Headway cells. See what I mean?

So not trash-talking. This is an anonymous text-based medium. Good or bad, everything needs to be taken with a grain of salt. Gotta' go charge up my Rolls. :)

I have tried 4 rack type TAICO. 3 of them have defective cells. I post pictures of bmses here and my deye hybrid inverter set up. I must say their wall type ones have no problems (tried 2 wall types so far). But rack types are hit and miss. They even have edges repainted to cover scratches and rust. See the soh state of battery health below.

Attachments

• 332774CE-0B5E-473D-B848-A61B5185D1A6.jpeg
    332774CE-0B5E-473D-B848-A61B5185D1A6.jpeg
    90.6 KB · Views: 9
  • E77B839C-C17D-41CB-AB1A-CDA332152D2C.jpeg
    E77B839C-C17D-41CB-AB1A-CDA332152D2C.jpeg
    91 KB · Views: 6
  • 64A02F43-BB37-4BE3-922E-EC6F9162F9A1.jpeg
    64A02F43-BB37-4BE3-922E-EC6F9162F9A1.jpeg
    78.9 KB · Views: 5
  • C0815B51-DBE3-429E-A6B9-AD4A28782002.jpeg
    C0815B51-DBE3-429E-A6B9-AD4A28782002.jpeg
    84.9 KB · Views: 4
  • 9BB700A2-A42E-4F75-A701-BC8340F4AFC1.jpeg
    9BB700A2-A42E-4F75-A701-BC8340F4AFC1.jpeg
    90.6 KB · Views: 7
  • 9F67A14D-58D7-4EC7-A322-DB97FC080B7A.jpeg
    9F67A14D-58D7-4EC7-A322-DB97FC080B7A.jpeg
    125.9 KB · Views: 9
  • A4DED9D9-15B9-4B07-B4B8-65028EBFD159.jpeg
    A4DED9D9-15B9-4B07-B4B8-65028EBFD159.jpeg
    184.1 KB · Views: 9
Ah ok, so what's the plan? The Weize batteries you can get from Amazon might be good for replacements.

I have tried 4 rack type TAICO. 3 of them have defective cells. I post pictures of bmses here and my deye hybrid inverter set up. I must say their wall type ones have no problems (tried 2 wall types so far). But rack types are hit and miss. They even have edges repainted to cover scratches and rust. See the soh state of battery health below.
Hi Aricio, I was in the process of getting quotes for their 48v 200ah batteries when I came across this post. I went back to my Taico contact and told them that I have a few concerns regarding purchasing from them until they address your issues and others on this forum. I've included the link to this thread so hopefully this will get them to help your issues and others too. Its really affecting my decision to buy from them. All the best and good luck!

The Weize 12V 100Ah batteries are up to $310 after coupon. CHINS seems to be the best deal now at $285. The DJLBERMPW that was $259 last week isn't listed anymore. It's interesting how much the prices on these fluctuate day to day. I think if you can watch the prices for a few weeks you can get a great deal. I'd be interested to hear from anyone else who bought these budget batteries and if anyone had any issues.

Back