diy solar

diy solar

Weize mppt SCC

Kornbread

Solar Addict
Purchased a Weize ML2430 mppt 30 amp solar charge controller. In the fair to average manual, it mentions a monitoring app for the controller, but that's all it does is mention an app. No name of app. No location where app can be downloaded. My DuckDuckgo'fu fails me as I cannot find a Weize website, nor anything about the SCC. Someone out there know about this SCC and where I can find more information.

For what it's worth, on the insides it appears fairly well built for a cheaper priced made in China product. Transformers are decently sized, caps are 105c and rated over 100v (cannot remember their exact voltage rating, just that it was a little over 100v) Personally, With rated PV max 100v, I wanted to see a little more headroom but do not think that's going to happen at this price point.

Works with gel, fld, and lith out of the box plus a user programmable settings. So far, it appears to be tracking the mppt of the panels fairly well. As it has only been running for a few weeks, reliability is still a question.

Product is made by SRNE (I think), you can get software from them or Renogy or PowrMr and a few others...
For Apple devices you have to type SRNE using capital letters in the app store search bar......It's called "Solar app"
For the Renogy version it's called Renogy BT, they are both the same, just different colours....
The controller does require an external bluetooth device, BT-1

Yeah, it mentioned a separate bt device but never mentioned a part number or where to buy it. Thanks a ton for the information.

I purchase the same model ML2430 . I use the renogy BT1 module and the Renogy DC Home App.

I purchase the same model ML2430 . I use the renogy BT1 module and the Renogy DC Home App.
I have this MPPT, but not the BT module. Can you set the parameters for the "user" profile using the app? That would be my only reason to buy the bt module. Are there any other reasons?

Back