diy solar

diy solar

Welding a steel building with panels already installed

Mr Q

I have recently installed 24 panels on a steel building. The panels are on K2 minirails and these are screwed to steel roof sheeting.

So the rails are earthed to the steel frame. Can I still weld the framework without damaging the panels?

There is no equipment fitted yet other that the panels.

I have recently installed 24 panels on a steel building. The panels are on K2 minirails and these are screwed to steel roof sheeting.

So the rails are earthed to the steel frame. Can I still weld the framework without damaging the panels?

There is no equipment fitted yet other that the panels.

Yes.

Yes, you can do it, but be extremely careful if you have no experience in this -- you can damage the frame. When I needed something like that, I turned to a company specializing in this. By the way, if someone here is interested, check the Pictures of laser etching products. I think these guys can help a lot. Well, okay, I'm sure you already received an answer a long time ago. I just wanted to share my experience too, maybe it will be interesting and informative. Good luck!

Last edited:
I am looking at building a new steel building. Help me understand the process of putting up the building. Once the slab it done, do I build the walls laying down and then stand them up? Or do I build it standing up and try to keep it straight?
A steel building using steel studs instead of wood is constructed pretty much the same way, you assemble the walls and stand them up. For large structures the wall will often be in smaller sections so you'd do one section, stand it up, build the next section, stand it up and attach, and repeat.

Back