diy solar

diy solar

Well nothing is on fire so far...

Woffies

Hi Ho! I've been dabbling with small solar projects for years and other than some minor successes the only progress I have made has been NOT setting them on fire yet. Over the years I have accumulated panels...controlers...inverters and batteries. Some I already know is garbage but some I know I can use.

I don't know where the best place to strike up a conversation on advice in powering a chicken run and coop we are getting. I had MacGyvered a small temp system to power a wifi cam but...well the project has grown and I don't think this is the proper place to go into detail. I've come here to seek wisdom in hopes not to end up with fried chickens.

Attachments

• 2022-05-18 07.07.36.jpg
    2022-05-18 07.07.36.jpg
    454.2 KB · Views: 11
How much power does it take to run a chicken run and chicken coop? A few hours or 24/7/365? Grid backup?

i'd like a coop with a security cam, some ir lights, an auto door, and wheels that make it move everyday,

How much power does it take to run a chicken run and chicken coop? A few hours or 24/7/365? Grid backup?
I didn't think this was the place to go into detail but ok- No clue so far... its going to grow I'm sure so I was looking to plan for growth. Right now I only have 2 wifi cams (boavision pan/tilt. Only specs I found so far was 12v/2.0a each) those should be active 24/7 but 8 don't know if they are a power on demand or constant draw. I got to hit the mfr for more info. But we plan on adding an auto door for the coop...an inverter so I can have a heated water option inside the coop for winter and also looking at the possibility of running an electric fence but that's way down the list. All off grid.

I didn't think this was the place to go into detail but ok- No clue so far... its going to grow I'm sure so I was looking to plan for growth. Right now I only have 2 wifi cams (boavision pan/tilt. Only specs I found so far was 12v/2.0a each) those should be active 24/7 but 8 don't know if they are a power on demand or constant draw. I got to hit the mfr for more info. But we plan on adding an auto door for the coop...an inverter so I can have a heated water option inside the coop for winter and also looking at the possibility of running an electric fence but that's way down the list. All off grid.
i orderd a tycon poe/ battery charger to power a remote cam and ap

Back