diy solar

diy solar

Wen generators

Hdonly

Anyone familiar with Wen generators? I bought a 1550watt. Haven't got it yet. Needed something for power when working on my 10 acres away from an outlet. 500 foot extension cord is a bit much to stretch out.Gen.jpgch out.

None for me. Only concern would be if you're using power tools, can the 1550W surge handle it and is 1350W running enough?

My circular saw is rated at 10 amps. My corded drill and sawsall both rated at 7.5 amps. My small portable air compressor is rated at 4.5 amps. Those are the only tools i need to power. Should handle those OK using only one at a time.

I wouldn't count on it running the circular saw. A 10A circular saw may have a huge surge well beyond the 1550W it allows. Electric motors have a surge typically 4-10X their run current.

I wouldn't count on it running the circular saw. A 10A circular saw may have a huge surge well beyond the 1550W it allows. Electric motors have a surge typically 4-10X their run current.
Yup. I actually tried to run my small Ryobi 10" sliding miter saw on my 2000W surge Westinghouse inverter generator and it choked it. The surge is strong with power tools.

My circular saw is rated at 10 amps. My corded drill and sawsall both rated at 7.5 amps. My small portable air compressor is rated at 4.5 amps. Those are the only tools i need to power. Should handle those OK using only one at a time.

I have a WEN generator but a much larger one and it's been working well. Your generator maybe a bit too small to reliably start the tools. A compressor can require startup surge current up to 10x the running current.

My skil saw easily bogged the 1.5k lightweight genny I had so I now use a 3200/2900w lightweight inverter genny for remote use of power tools it hums happily along even when using the worm drive skil saw or compressor. The smaller genny if ok for using lights, a drill or small grinder.

I purchased the wen inverter generator. 3500 running 4k surge. I use it every day On eco mode I can get about 15 hours on 1.85us gallons on my mobile condo. Ive used it for all my saws and compressors and sump pump. No issues.. I'm 100% off grid so I have already Over 2800hrs on it all I have ever done is a few oil changes and add gas. Original price was I believe 545.00 at home depot.. starts Everytime one pull. My opinion is they are good machines so far

We bought the big 11kw LP and Gasoline....over a year ago for POCO power outages...used it 5-6 times. Change oil as recommended by manf after breakin. Good so far...Only run on LP to keep from gumming carb. Paid 876 otd at HomelessDepot...

I purchased the wen inverter generator. 3500 running 4k surge. I use it every day On eco mode I can get about 15 hours on 1.85us gallons on my mobile condo. Ive used it for all my saws and compressors and sump pump. No issues.. I'm 100% off grid so I have already Over 2800hrs on it all I have ever done is a few oil changes and add gas. Original price was I believe 545.00 at home depot.. starts Everytime one pull. My opinion is they are good machines so far

You haven't had to replace the brushes in over 2800 hours?
Thats actually very surprising. You may have an outlier, I expected less of WEN because of its bottom price in the chinese portable generator market. It appears that they do sell parts so at least it can be serviced.

I have a champion with 1000 hours on it. Mostly small stuff. AVR, Brushes and the return spring keeps snapping.

You haven't had to replace the brushes in over 2800 hours?
Thats actually very surprising. You may have an outlier, I expected less of WEN because of its bottom price in the chinese portable generator market. It appears that they do sell parts so at least it can be serviced.

I have a champion with 1000 hours on it. Mostly small stuff. AVR, Brushes and the return spring keeps snapping.
Now I have 4100hrs on my gene. Still starts first pull still runs great. I still haven't done anything except gas and change oil.. I'm not sure about brushes because it is a inverter generator ? I don't even put it under cover it's been out in the elements since day one..

Now I have 4100hrs on my gene. Still starts first pull still runs great. I still haven't done anything except gas and change oil.. I'm not sure about brushes because it is a inverter generator ? I don't even put it under cover it's been out in the elements since day one..
Still surprised. An inverter generator doesn't have brushes. Pretty sure they use a PMA.

I have had a WEN 56200i 2000-Watt peak 1600 running since 2017. Has been a beast, sips gas, the only thing it will choke on is my microwave. Haven’t used it for camper ac, just power outages. Ran for weeks after hurricane in 18. Always 1-2 pull start, I only run non ethanol fuel in it and run fuel stabilizer.​

Back