diy solar

diy solar

What are High Voltage 250V to 500V BMS config options

unseengundam

Hello,

There are couple of inverters that take high voltage 250V to 500V DC batteries. Are there any BMS that can handle that many cells in series that can be bought?

Also, can you put multiple BMS in series? For example take a BMS that supports 16S (48V) and put 5 of them in series for 250V system?

Thanks

There are several BMSs designed for EV conversions that are designed for high voltages. They are typically configured with a contactor. Look at the bottom of the thread at "Similar threads" caption.
Serial BMSs is not optimal because the higher voltages would fry the components on one if not all of those serial BMSs. Worse case FETs fail closed so it could disastrous not just sub optimal

Last edited:
Im also looking for BMS for HV battery.
From looking at other manufactures they seem to put multiple low voltage packs in series, with slave BMS for each pack, and master BMS.
Batrium has a solution but its $1700, which in my opinion is too much to pay for a BMS.
Im trying to find a supplier on alibaba but no luck yet.

If you have the capacity to build or do build electronic boards, Zeva BMS are good and open source since they stop production last year.
The 12 cells and 24 cells module can be use for up to 700V battery.

hi
Just seen these

Attachments

• 4U%20RBMS%20specification.pdf
    644.1 KB · Views: 2
Following up on my earlier post two BMSs come to mind. One, the Orion BMS made in the USA. I have used its 16 cell version and it's 24 cell version.Two, the EMUS BMS made in Lithuania and available from several US distributors. It is modular up to at least 50 or 100 cells. I used the 36 cell version (130 volts). ten years ago on a VW EV conversion. Both use contactors and can handle significant Amps..

Last edited:
Back