diy solar

diy solar

What are the 2-barrel (DC 5521 ports?) on the EcoFlow River for?

John Gowland

The EcoFlow River Max is running perfect for me. Keeps my small fridge cold all night and lets me keep all my 14 drone batteries charged while driving or via solar if I stay in one place for a while.
What are the 2-barrel (DC 5521 ports?) female connectors for? They also sent me a cable with a male barrel connector on each end. I have seen YouTubers who say they have no idea what they are for. But I have seen some have lights plugged in.

What I would like is a male plug to a cigarette female connector. That is what I would like, I think along with the 4 USB outlets this is the most efficient outputs, rather than say the wall socket outlets. I would use this if I need more output with another River Max in the future.

Just seen this Guy called Will who used the barrel connectors to connect two River units together. Chain linking. He had a lot of problems, but I think some updates since then. He did have more success with the A/C outlet of one to the input of the other one. Maybe he should review the finished product, there have been upgrades and improvements.
So can I use the barrel connectors to have a viable cigarette output the same Watts as the existing one?

Are there any other uses for these 2 outputs?
I have spent some time trying to answer these questions but there is so little out there, at least none I could find.
Thanks for at least reading so far and in anticipation of some explanations and uses of the 2-barrel connectors.

DC5521 Output (x2)​

13.6V DC, 3A Max, per port

I'm a little confused by your question. They are just providing alternate means of connection loads so you don't need to adapt your loads to connect them to your power station. I have some DC fluorescents that use these connectors so they will plug right into the power station with no muss/no fuss.

Thank you, Ken. I could not find many explanations of the two barrel outputs are used for. The barrel to cigarette lighter adapter are available and very cheap, I wondered if they had the same output of the one in the Ecoflow River.

Thank you, Ken. I could not find many explanations of the two barrel outputs are used for. The barrel to cigarette lighter adapter are available and very cheap, I wondered if they had the same output of the one in the Ecoflow River.
Yes, those will work fine.
A lot of 12v small appliances, come with this sae connector. And then provide adapters (cigarette lighter, battery clips), to connect to a power source.
You can plug these directly into the ports.

Yes, those will work fine.
A lot of 12v small appliances, come with this sae connector. And then provide adapters (cigarette lighter, battery clips), to connect to a power source.
You can plug these directly into the ports.
Thank you very much.

does the maximum capacity of 10A in the main DC port apply to the two barrel ports aswell? does it sum up or is it separated?

I can't say for sure, but my guess is each port will supply up to 10A. Do you have two appliances to power up?

I use the cigar-plug to run my 12V cooler/freezer. But it only draws 45W on eco, 60 on full power. That's 3-5A on 12V.

The specs on the River Max 2 indicate 10A on the cig and 3A each for the 2 DC2251 ports...probably 10A max total DC output but have not tested.

"DC Output 12.6V 10A/3A/3A, 126W Max"

What other dodads would accept 12 VDC input from the DC2251 A laptop maybe?

Back