diy solar

diy solar

What are the best semi-portable solar panels for the Bluetti EB 150?

jpek

I recently purchased a Bluetti EB 150 solar generator. I am now looking for solar panels I can use to charge it. The panels won't be mounted on anything, like an RV or roof. They're just going to be something I put out in my back yard when the Bluetti needs to be charged. As an extra bonus I'd like to take them camping sometimes, so it would be best if the panels were luggable and not too fragile. I would love to hear recommendations. Also, MAXOAK, the maker of Bluetti, just came out with their own 120W panels and I'm wondering if anyone has an opinion about these. They're kind of expensive, but look pretty nifty.

In theory you can use any solar panels you like with the Bluetti, but some words of caution:
  1. It has a maximum PV input of 160W at no more than 40V/10A* (yes, I know that doesn't equal 160W!)
  2. There has been at least one case mentioned on this forum where Bluetti initially refused to honour their warranty because the consumer used non-Maxoak PV panels. This was, if memory serves, eventually resolved but I would at least get a written confirmation from them once you have decided on your panels (just in case).
I've heard nothing bad about the Maxoak panels except, as you say, they are very expensive. You can usually buy PV panels for about $0.5 per watt.

The unit comes complete with a MC4 adaptor for their unit, and most panels come with MC4 terminations, so any panel should do.

I would recommend a folding panel 'suitcase' style panel if you're travelling around with it.

*according to here

[*]It has a maximum PV input of 160W at no more than 40V/10A* (yes, I know that doesn't equal 160W!)
[*]There has been at least one case mentioned on this forum where Bluetti initially refused to honour their warranty because the consumer used non-Maxoak PV panels. This was, if memory serves,
You are confusing your brands or model so not an AC100 but EB150
Bluetti EB 150 if recent has a max Voc input of about 68V and 10A MPPT.
I just was in thread all about panels on an EB150 and when its max Voc input was updated from 60V to 68V

Is was the horrible customer service Ecoflow Delta that refused warranty not Bluetti who are very responsive and a great company.

Last edited:
I built my own solar “briefcase” 2 100w panels with hinges, a kayak handle off amazon and made folding legs from 1/2” aluminum angle. Works great! You could even do something similar with flex panels and cut the weight way down.

If you go that road, I’ve found that the square panels work better, or atleast easier to transport and set up

I use the EB150 with PowerOak SP120 panels

20210607_100941-jpg.394657

Works great :)

Last edited:
I would consider the eco worthy 120W portable panels. I have 2 of them to charge a jackery power station, and got a max of 200w from them together (though usually 170-180w is more typical). Comes with a crappy PWM charge controller and a bunch of connection adapters too.

Back