diy solar

diy solar

What are the suggestions for the heating function and WiFi function of JKBMS?

Nami

JK is preparing to customize a BMS with active balance function,
Professional technicians are being contacted to design a protocol for full communication with victron,
However, more needs and suggestions need to be learned.
If you have any other suggestions, please let me know,
The current parameter situation is
The default is to use 2A equalizing current,
Choose 150A or 200A charge and discharge?
How about the heating function?
How about WiFi function?
Are there any other suggestions?

For those of us in higher Latitudes, a heating function would be helpful. It would need an output signal that could be used to trigger a relay to turn on a heating pad on the batteries at a user selectable temperature.

Last edited:
Imo, 150A discharge is enough. If you have bigger needs, paralleling will do the trick, adding extra Wh at the same time. Heating function is an absolute must for me and with more people adopting solar energy in the North, this market will continue to grow over the years.

WiFi is a no brainer if you ask me. Many batteries already have this option so in the coming years, would JK want to be the only company not offering it?

An LCD display would also be nice. Pretty useful for quick diagnostic.

oh… And a circuit breaker, please….

Edit: I just edited my post (just realized it didn’t make any sense). Sorry for posting too quickly.

Last edited:
Personally, i find WiFi completely unnecessary and a security risk. Especially if the target market is people with Victron equipment. Most of them will already have a GX device and use the Victron ecosystem for monitoring. Just my 2 cent.

not support
parallel multiple JK BMS
How about you consider making BMS with your engineers that don't require mosfet and use shunt breaker, relays, fast-acting Class-T fuses and Pyro fuses that are already used in EV world and making BMS that can be easily figured out to be safe for parallel connection with out the limits to the end user. And separate BMS logic from balancing in two separate modules. If you come with this on the market this will be the way to go for people who intend to have multiple parallel battery banks that could easily go over 100Kwh safely. And also providing as complete kit with all necessary hardware to make it easy .
Nothing personal just my thoughts working with EV battery packs for many years.

Back