diy solar

diy solar

What are the tiers of brands for Inverter/Chargers & MPPT?

coreyzev

So thinking of brands like: TrippLite, Growatt, PowMR, MPP, Victron, AIMS, Sigineer, Midnite, Schnider, Outback, Xantrex, Spartan, etc....

Pls rank all the brands you're willing to below, Tier 1, Tier 2, Tier 3, 1 being highest. I'm looking for things like: Longevity, warranty, and customer service.​

I'm doing a lot of research way too quickly so i can head out in my RV, and it's getting overwhelming, this would be really helpful, thank you.

Paralysis by analysis. When I was looking for the "right" components I checked out a lot of threads. I looked for features, ease of configuration, etc. But most importantly, I looked at reliability. Hands down, Victron was the winner. In the past year, I can think of only two threads where forum members have had to replace their Victron equipment. I want to spend time camping, not futzing around with electronics.

If you're looking for an adventure, give Renogy a try. LOL! No, seriously don't do that. Friends don't let friends implement Renogy.

It wasn't on your list and it's generally looked down upon, but my GoPower! PWM solar charge controller has been chugging along for the past four years without any hiccups. But that controller is on a system that is separate from all my Victron and LiFePO4 equipment.

So thinking of brands like: TrippLite, Growatt, PowMR, MPP, Victron, AIMS, Sigineer, Midnite, Schnider, Outback, Xantrex, Spartan, etc....
Comparing inverter/chargers and all_in_ones from each company based on my best guess for quality regardless of price.
Based on the excellent judgment of my diaphanous friend and his Sherpa.

Its a stack-rank with tiers.

Victron
Midnite
Schnider

Outback
AIMS
Sigineer
Spartan
Xantrex

Growatt
MPP

TrippLite
PowMR

Its a stack-rank with tiers.

Victron
Midnite
Schnider

Outback
AIMS
Sigineer
Spartan
Xantrex

Growatt
MPP

TrippLite
PowMR

So how do people feel about the Midnite all in one that's literally the exact same chassis as some of the other Chinese/taiwanese ones? And what would make someone more confident about it?

So how do people feel about the Midnite all in one that's literally the exact same chassis as some of the other Chinese/taiwanese ones? And what would make someone more confident about it?
I believe @Will Prowse reviewed a similar box with a Renogy sticker on it.
If that product was characteristic of the entire Midnite product line they would have been a tier or 2 lower in my rankings.

My understanding of the new Midnight AiO is that is a Chinese contract manufacturer that just slaps the Midnight name on it, so I'd assume the quality is in the Growatt/MPP group. There was a more in-depth discussion about it on NAWS.

can search for thread; there’s one where midnite ceo seems to chime in and indicate the chinese sticker box is a stopgap product to some update that will be ready eventually. something about DIY series. don’t really know how helpful this info is but yea

edit: this is the thread i was thinking of but it might not be helpful. midnite’s offerings are completely unfamiliar to me.
https://diysolarforum.com/threads/n...es-sccs-inverters-great-too.24077/post-344116

Back