diy solar

diy solar

What are your experience with Growatt and their service?

FrederikSchack

I live in Uruguay and I think I can only buy Chinese inverters here, so far it seems like Growatt is the better option here and they do provide 10 years warranty (I hope).

Reading about Growatt here on the forum wasn´t very encouraging, especially regarding service, so would like to hear some positive stories :)

How are your experiences with Growatt and their service?

The particular models I´m looking at is SPH-5000 and SPH-5000 TL BL-UP. (The last one works more like an UPS)

Personally I´ve tried to reach out to sales from Growatt regarding surge rating and they are very slow at responding. If sales are slow, then I´m concerned about support.

As I understand it I need a battery that is specifically supported by Growatt and not any BMS battery?

Personally I´ve tried to reach out to sales from Growatt regarding surge rating and they are very slow at responding. If sales are slow, then I´m concerned about support.
That has always been my stop signal when considering any large purchase with a company. If you cannot get sales on the line it pretty much tells the whole story. Of course today you have to factor in Covid and the shortages of just about everything including staff, so I guess it is not so clear cut right now.

That has always been my stop signal when considering any large purchase with a company. If you cannot get sales on the line it pretty much tells the whole story. Of course today you have to factor in Covid and the shortages of just about everything including staff, so I guess it is not so clear cut right now.
If I was living in a country with more options, I wouldn't have considered them.

I emailed Growatt about a little problem and they kept sending me emails saying its being looked into, this went on for weeks until their emails stopped. So for me the surport is useless. Not what you want to here

if you bought your system to watt247 IAN and crew they are helpfull anytime just text or call and they will reply...with fast result and action

if you bought your system to watt247 IAN and crew they are helpfull anytime just text or call and they will reply...with fast result and action
I like that Growatt has low frequency inverters that can handle power surges. I think MPP Solar has better MPPT charge controllers built-in, at least the specs are better (higher voltage, more amps). I would definitely buy from Ian.

I like that Growatt has low frequency inverters that can handle power surges. I think MPP Solar has better MPPT charge controllers built-in, at least the specs are better (higher voltage, more amps). I would definitely buy from Ian.
I thought most Growatt was high-frequency inverters?

It´s difficult to buy from outside Uruguay, so whoever Ian is, it´s not an option.

I recently installed a new Growatt 3000 and something is amiss. in the PV Charge screens, I see voltage of 72v and above (depending on clouds) and the highest amps I've seen is 1 amp. Now five days later and a $#!^%$ load of e-mails later Growatt is still asking me to take video of the reading as if one they do not trust persons and/or they expect the readings to change when under observation as in Quantum Mechanics.... smile.
I just sent my first notice of discontent e-mail to them, respectfully but clarifying that enough is enough. I can and will resolve to an Amazon complaint and exchange, but I'd rather not deal with the diconnect and re-installation; Still hoping that there is a tap it on the side solution so I can move on. There is nothing wrong with having a deffictive unit, we identify, resolve and move on, but a deffective service and tech support concerns me a great deal

Just sharing and hoping I am one of the few, as the product seems well built otherwise.

Be well
gil

PS... If this drags on after this last e-mail. I will post the coomunication so one can see the comical solutions that have been put out there by them.

Back