diy solar

diy solar

what cause my mppt battery output 60amp breaker to trip

OMG I think I just laughed so hard I pee'd a little ... Its not important at all ... that's why you have FIRE Insurance .... so when the cheap breaker doesn't work and catches everything on fire ... We use cheap Chinese breakers out here on all the oil equipment so I get to meet all the cool firemen and see their pretty trucks ...

So much there that I didn't need to know. Wet pants and a fireman fetish.
rotfl4.gif

If your input is 40 amps at 66 volts the out put at 24 volts would be over 90 amps

It's a 60A controller so technically it should be no more than 60A on the output but there might be brief excursions over that. It'd be unusual to see the output go up to 90A and still have the charger working afterwards - ie smoke.

ty. bought bussman and midnight breakers to replace my crappy breakers.
I’m glad you’ve picked up the good breakers. I saw a lot of breakers from a lot of off-brand names that all looked like they were made from the exact same parts. You could buy them 3 or 4 to one Cooper-Bussman or Blue Sea. That was a quick clue for me to avoid them. I see them in so many systems, some with otherwise great (and expensive) components. Makes me shake my head

Good to know you’re getting them out of your system.

Back