diy solar

diy solar

What company did you use for the $13.6k @ 4.5kw system? Also, mini-inverters or 1 big one?

Correction: The quote from Momentum was for $72.5k, however it was for a 24.57 kilowatt system. I specifically told him to quote me a 20-21 kw system because I have 2 extra people temporarily living in my house + going to replace AC (which is on almost constantly) and the windows. That should reduce my kWh requirements.

I could tell the way they were trying to sell me in person and then in email, he was just trying to make a buck, juicing up the cost regardless of my input. Was very rude too.

I'm hoping today's meeting at 6pm with the company Will Prowse used goes better!

I'm in Eustis FL and looking to have a system installed for my house. Does the company you used service my area?

I just joined this forum and I'm also located in Eustis. Send me a message so I can tell you about my recent solar install.

I’m considering the used SunPower 340w from santan on eBay 37 cents per watt panel. I’m trying to find a legal/code compliant sine inverter to plug it to my home outlet to start. And eventually do a large array with 8kw inverter. Im doing research on the building department and NV energy requirements. I use to do solar panel structural calculations in AZ.
I have those SunPower panels. Be aware the connection is split so that the positive is on one end and the negative on the other end. This is designed for series strings. If you don't mind making or buy extra extensions if you are not stringing, then I would say go for it. Our weather got cooler in Oct and I was seeing 320+ watts reported by my microinverters for about 2 hours at midday and that is with fixed mounts panels. I doubt you can find a better deal on not previously mounted panels. They do not have the factory warranty, so talk to the seller if that is an issue.

I have those SunPower panels. Be aware the connection is split so that the positive is on one end and the negative on the other end. This is designed for series strings. If you don't mind making or buy extra extensions if you are not stringing, then I would say go for it. Our weather got cooler in Oct and I was seeing 320+ watts reported by my microinverters for about 2 hours at midday and that is with fixed mounts panels. I doubt you can find a better deal on not previously mounted panels. They do not have the factory warranty, so talk to the seller if that is an issue.
Oh and on more thing about those panels, the open circuit and MPPT voltage is a bit higher than a 72 cell panel. Pay close attention to the spec of what you are connecting them to.

Back