diy solar

diy solar

what does dc inverter mean in this context?

John Frum

Tell me your problems
This link
Contains this text "DC Inverter Technology for Minimal Energy Consumption (Up to 48% Savings per Year)"
What does this mean?
Can I power some or all of the unit with direct current?

I believe this description implies there is an inverter that supplies 3-phase power to the compressor and maybe the blower fan.

Marketing wrote this, not engineering :)

I really doubt there is a DC motor.

Details from your link: (DC disappeared)

High Efficiency Inverter​

DC Inverter Mini Split

Senville combines the affordability, efficiency and advanced Eco-friendly performance, with its Inverter technology. The results are drastic reduction of energy usage by up to 20%, ultimately making it one of the most efficient systems with Inverter Technology. Its technology like this that helps the ductless system to reach such high SEER ratings. Opt for a split system with Inverter Technology to ensure that you are minimizing your energy costs.

DC Inverter Technology for Minimal Energy Consumption (Up to 48% Savings per Year)"
What does this mean?
@time2roll beat me to the thought that the marketing guys picked those words. I do not see anywhere that is even suggests that it would run off DC. My WAG is that the 120 volt single phase AC current is rectified to DC and then inverted to 3phase multiple frequency to run the compressor.

This link
Contains this text "DC Inverter Technology for Minimal Energy Consumption (Up to 48% Savings per Year)"
What does this mean?
In this context it means that it rectifies and then re-inverts the power to allow the compressor to run at different speeds and match the load demand. This is in contrast to the usual method in which the compressor kicks on and off with greater or lesser on/off times to meet the load demand.

Back