diy solar

diy solar

What electric car that would supply battery power for a 48v house system?

Looks like Nissan has a way to do this. I will look in to that unless someone has a better choice.

Most cars have a high voltage main battery and then a big buck converter to go from ~400v to 12v for the accessory systems. That converter is typically rated for ~1600 to 1300w. That means you would probably be safe pulling 1,000w continuously. So you can put a 1kw (or a little larger) inverter on the 12v side and then you can plug in a 48 battery charger to power your home system.

I haven't found a better way, but that is how I plan to use my 12v system to charge my 48v golf cart on the shed and how I intend to use my Chevy Bolt to power my 48v system in the house when all is said and done.

Google is your friend, you can buy units or build a EV that will do it.... I doubt anyone here has built one as EV forums would be the place for that.

As for me I'm going to buy a Ford Lightning, but may or may not opt in for the part that will run my house. Expect to spend like $60,000 or so for that truck.

As far as using a 12v EV battery I know my Leaf would revolt at trying it. But you can buy systems that will use the high voltage side to power a house, just very pricey. In other countries the Leaf will do it out of box...

Back