diy solar

diy solar

What exact is error 52 (bus voltage too low) on MPP Solar LVX 6048?

godawgs

I've installed my LVX-6048 with 4kW panels (8S2P 250W) and split-phase 240V AC input. As I'm in Mexico, UL compliancy is not required for my home here (yet), so I'm exporting energy to the grid. Everything works well except when the sun goes down and the panel voltage goes to zero, the unit begins to beep and display error code 52. Turning off the unit clears the alarm, but unless there is some current from the solar panels, the error code returns, and there is a 'thumping' that takes place until I turn off the unit. So, every morning after the sun begins to rise, I can switch the unit back on. I've yet to install a battery, which may correct the issue. But I'm not sure that's the problem?

Does anyone know exactly what 'bus voltage too low' means?

I've installed my LVX-6048 with 4kW panels (8S2P 250W) and split-phase 240V AC input. As I'm in Mexico, UL compliancy is not required for my home here (yet), so I'm exporting energy to the grid. Everything works well except when the sun goes down and the panel voltage goes to zero, the unit begins to beep and display error code 52. Turning off the unit clears the alarm, but unless there is some current from the solar panels, the error code returns, and there is a 'thumping' that takes place until I turn off the unit. So, every morning after the sun begins to rise, I can switch the unit back on. I've yet to install a battery, which may correct the issue. But I'm not sure that's the problem?

Does anyone know exactly what 'bus voltage too low' means?
No, but I have error 52 on My Growatt spf 5000 es inverter. I also am in Mexico. Battery did not solve issue. Removing from grid using only panels and battery did not resolve issue. I do not hear thumping . L also have to reset inverter. Hope someone can help us

Yes ,same here. Now, the ac out puts out power in the off position.
Contacted Signature solar. Alex is writing rma and supposed to send new inverter. It has been more than 2 weeks when I was told new one being shipped. I like to beleive Alex will get new unit to me soon.

Yes ,same here. Now, the ac out puts out power in the off position.
Contacted Signature solar. Alex is writing rma and supposed to send new inverter. It has been more than 2 weeks when I was told new one being shipped. I like to beleive Alex will get new unit to me soon.

Good luck! They told me I had to wait till mid June for them to get a replacement unit on my RMA.

Last edited:
What do people think is a better choice of inverter off grid with grid available. Curious what would be better choice. I have 8k of panels waiting to feed one.

Back