diy solar

diy solar

What happend to the prices of lifepo4

100kwh-hunter

prices seemed to drop 50% the last month.
Oke i have a close eye on several materials like gold iron copper ltium ect..
But 50% price drope for a kwh storage...what is going on...new techie techie technology? perhaps?

With best regards Igor

The prices I am still seeing are:

DIY $125-150 per kwh
Plug and Play $300-400 per kwh

I haven't seen any "great deals" unless you happen to live in China and can walk over to the factory to pick from the litter and carry them home. :p

Oh, boy! My chance to use the undergrad degree in Economics!!! ? I have not seen this miraculous drop in prices, but then I may be on the wrong side of AliExpress and Amazon too. Please reveal the secret "flood on the market" of low cost LiFePO. Now economics. Most of these batteries are coming out of China and China is ramping up as quickly as it can. I imagine they might have a larger supply now than the market demand. I mean USA government checks have stopped temporarily because of the fear of hyperinflation and people have started paying down their own debts for the same fear. When there are more batteries than battery orders, the price will go down, when there are less batteries than demand, the price will go up. It's just like other commodities, petroleum, wheat, rice, lumber. Now in all reality if you have a source for solid tested and fully equipped batteries, place a link here and we will do all we can to make the price go up.:ROFLMAO:

And for those wondering, "Is the US Dollar value failing on the exchange?" Here are the nine world currencies that are worth MORE than the US Dollar and what to watch in the coming months for indications of devaluation of the dollar. Mind you most of these are oil emirate nations and oil is money because it is the commodity most wanted world wide.
Kuwaiti Dinar 1=$3.29
Bahrani Dinar 1=$2.65
Omani Rial 1=$2.60
Jordanian Dinar 1=$1.41
Great Britain £ 1=$1.39
Gibraltar Pound 1=$1.23
Cayman Island. 1=$1.20
Euro 1=$1.10
Swiss Franc. 1=$1.01

As a side note the Chinese Yuan Renminbiis worth less than the US Dollar and comes to $0.15. And China has no laws dictating health care or life insurance or minimum wage value of the working hour or 10,000 other American interventions that make labor stupid expensive here and it is why we want our stuff manufactures and assembled in China and shipped here for a 100% or more markup for American middle men. It's called open economics in China. Demand drives price.

Last edited:
And for those wondering, "Is the US Dollar value failing on the exchange?" Here are the nine world currencies that are worth MORE than the US Dollar and what to watch in the coming months for indications of devaluation of the dollar. Mind you most of these are oil emirate nations and oil is money because it is the commodity most wanted world wide.
Kuwaiti Dinar 1=$3.29
Bahrani Dinar 1=$2.65
Omani Rial 1=$2.60
Jordanian Dinar 1=$1.41
Great Britain £ 1=$1.39
Gibraltar Pound 1=$1.23
Cayman Island. 1=$1.20
Euro 1=$1.10
Swiss Franc. 1=$1.01

As a side note the Chinese Yuan Renminbiis worth less than the US Dollar and comes to $0.15. And China has no laws dictating health care or life insurance or minimum wage value of the working hour or 10,000 other American interventions that make labor stupid expensive here and it is why we want our stuff manufactures and assembled in China and shipped here for a 100% or more markup for American middle men. It's called open economics in China. Demand drives price.
so i guess you never heard about the petro dollar, which the last 2 wars in iraq were fought over ?

the real reason for those wars where that saddam was done with the usa and wanted his oil payed in euro's instead of dollars, and there for removing the reason the us can keep printing dollars

Alas, look at my profile badge and signature. Yes, I am fully aware of the USA complicity in war over OIL. It was originally called Operation Iraqi Liberation, but then some congressman figured out it spelled war for OIL. And yes, America is just like Rome once was. Sretching out its military arm farther than it can manage and failing to pay its soldiers for the work they must do at the order of Congress, not some military regime. And yes, the Congress of the USA should be charged for war crimes when it is over but alas, that is politics WAY above my pay grade. I vote for the new guy every time. I want term limits, but alas, as long as the welfare checks and the WIC checks and the unemployment checks and the futility of economic recovery checks keep coming...the people of this nation will vote themselves people who rob the treasury to give them cash. And thus, America will fail, just like ROME and you can bet your bottom dollar that Tomorrow, tomorrow, there's always tomorrow....... It's only a day away and our kids will get the bill. (I step down from the soap box and apologize) I am not a politician, I am an old angry man trying to get off the grid.

Alas, look at my profile badge and signature. Yes, I am fully aware of the USA complicity in war over OIL. It was originally called Operation Iraqi Liberation, but then some congressman figured out it spelled war for OIL. And yes, America is just like Rome once was. Sretching out its military arm farther than it can manage and failing to pay its soldiers for the work they must do at the order of Congress, not some military regime. And yes, the Congress of the USA should be charged for war crimes when it is over but alas, that is politics WAY above my pay grade. I vote for the new guy every time. I want term limits, but alas, as long as the welfare checks and the WIC checks and the unemployment checks and the futility of economic recovery checks keep coming...the people of this nation will vote themselves people who rob the treasury to give them cash. And thus, America will fail, just like ROME and you can bet your bottom dollar that Tomorrow, tomorrow, there's always tomorrow....... It's only a day away and our kids will get the bill. (I step down from the soap box and apologize) I am not a politician, I am an old angry man trying to get off the grid.
welcome to the old angry man club. Been here for a couple of years myself. and you are not wrong in your thoughts. I pray daily that an asteroid will sneak past NASA and take out the greater washington area at next years state of the union.

The prices I am still seeing are:

DIY $125-150 per kwh
Plug and Play $300-400 per kwh

I haven't seen any "great deals" unless you happen to live in China and can walk over to the factory to pick from the litter and carry them home. :p
Shipped from the US.
Unlikely to be Lishen, but they look identical to the no name ones I received a few days ago. I haven't done a capacity test yet, but there is no indication they are used cells.

Shipped from the US.
Unlikely to be Lishen, but they look identical to the no name ones I received a few days ago. I haven't done a capacity test yet, but there is no indication they are used cells.
FYI- This store has been open for business since June 9,2021.

Sometimes new stores slash prices to get a foot in the door and others….
You have to decide if it’s worth rolling the dice. ? ?

I prefer online stores with a track history.

Shipped from the US.
I can't convince myself to buy from aliexpress. I think I would rather buy out of the back of a beat up van from a guy name Vinni... But, yeah that's right at the upper end of DIY pricing right now $150ish per kwh.

I do understand your concerns, but after giving up waiting for the group buy I was prepared to take the chance.

I do understand your concerns, but after giving up waiting for the group buy I was prepared to take the chance.
@NMNeil I placed my order in Feb, don't even have a tracking number yet. Getting fed up too. How do your cells look? Curious to hear about your capacity test.

@NMNeil I placed my order in Feb, don't even have a tracking number yet. Getting fed up too. How do your cells look? Curious to hear about your capacity test.
Outward appearance is that they are brand new. No residue on the terminal threads, that sort of thing.
I've got a single cell on a small power supply and it's happily filling up on electrons.

I found out there are a lot of reasons why they are almost 50% cheaper for EU inhabitants.
Vat is increased with 21%(import duty is now calculated, white board criminals) they will get a bit back in there shipping costs.
Chinese economy is shrinking for the 3 quarter(3 x 3 months) this time
Heavy floods and forest fires.
Vacation period in Europe, people will rather go on a holiday after the corona and such then buy from ali's
Dollar is very low compared to the euro.

Basically simple economics, they want to sell there stock left over's, Europa does not want or can buy(floods and forest fires).
So for the EU members this is a win win situation, cheaper than second handed ev batts...per kwh

Even GWL has a profit from it...you recognise the cells?(based and seated in Czech Republic EU

With best regards Igor K

for the link MNNiel give i got 132 euro a kilowatt hour...

My link is 112 euro a kwh

I think it mostly depends on where you life and of course the dollar exatns rate...
But for eu members this is 50% off(read my previous comment/post)

With best regards Igor K

I found out there are a lot of reasons why they are almost 50% cheaper for EU inhabitants.
Vat is increased with 21%(import duty is now calculated, white board criminals) they will get a bit back in there shipping costs.
Vacation period in Europe, people will rather go on a holiday after the corona and such then buy from ali's

Basically simple economics, they want to sell there stock left over's, Europa does not want or can buy(floods and forest fires).
So for the EU members this is a win win situation, cheaper than second handed ev batts...per kwh

Even GWL has a profit from it...you recognise the cells?(based and seated in Czech Republic EU

With best regards Igor K
Is VAT and import duties usually included with orders from Aliexpress? I couldn't figure that out (On the website it says only on products less than 150 euro is included, but some lifepo4 listings state Europe, USA etc Tax free. How are they making money off taxes?

I've been looking at the GWL website for a while a few months back and never saw those, it's a new thing. Those cells are not bad for the price, considering we could get them from a reputable European distributor with a good warranty and fast shipping times. If a cell is bad or I need a replacement for any reason I don't have to wait 3 months. The downside is those are a bit small at only 100ah. To build a 5KWh battery I would need 16 of those and a lot of BMSs are those BMS123 Smart worth the price? I haven't found many reviews about GWL products.

I haven't found many reviews about GWL products.
I have built packs using cells from GWL, both the alloy cased 110Ah cells and larger capacity Winston cells.
Expensive compared too imports from China but delivery ( assuming in stock) within a few days.
Capacity as specified and the 110 Ah cells are fitted with helicoil inserts and take M8 bolts/studs.

There are mixed reports from users of the BMS 123 as to performance,ease of installation, and reliability. Alternative
BMS could be considered.
I have purchased several BMS from LLT electronics, opting for air shipping ( slight extra cost) gets to Europe just over a week. A wide range of FET and contactor based BMS.

Mike

so i guess you never heard about the petro dollar, which the last 2 wars in iraq were fought over ?

the real reason for those wars where that saddam was done with the usa and wanted his oil payed in euro's instead of dollars, and there for removing the reason the us can keep printing dollars
Nice, youre one of a hundred americans on average who understands that we had to go to war because the last light sweet crude high pressure wells on earth were about to flood the world markets, all sold for euro assets, when Blix didnt find WMD. It wasnt just for our interests, abandoning KSA as an emboldened Saddam rearmed would have been stiffing the royal family for the 1973 deal which has given us unimaginable prosperity. Its expected most of europe opposed the war as they stood to receive a windfall when the dollar crashed. Arrogant American would be policy analysts with a 15 minute education from Mother Jones insist this preventative measure was a mistake, they must demand refunds for polio vaccines because they didnt get polio.

With best regards Igor K
Ignoring trends in between, Dollar Euro exchange rate is virtually the same as it was 20 years ago. Container ships from China dont need to traverse canals with costly tolls to reach pacific US ports. Does 1/3 of Europes population want a blown 454 powered lawn mower in the garage while another 1/3 insists the planet will be saved using solar, never mind the NF3 emissions make it more damaging than even coal? Things that affect demand and public perception as well as govt subsidies, ya know. Most of America prolly thinks lifepo4 is a video game or soft drink. Just random thoughts to add.

Back