diy solar

diy solar

What happens when PV voltage is lower than MPPT Range?

x4dow

if i connect 2 40v panels in series to a hybrid inverter when the "MPPT Range" is 120~450V what happens? Do i need to hit 120v to even work, or is just an optimal zone?

This is from a 24v hybrid inverter. Looking to charge a 24v battery with 2x 460w panels which in series won't reach the "mppt range". Until decide to expand setup.

Thanks

1613699771163.png

Last edited:
If you're under the MPPT range, you don't get MPPT function. I would expect you to get charging, but not as much as you would within the MPPT range.

wondering that though. i dont want to just assume and the hybrid inverter im considering doesnt state the "minimum dc input" for them

Without providing additional information, it's all speculative. You haven't identified a brand. You're basically just asking for opinions.

Without providing additional information, it's all speculative. You haven't identified a brand. You're basically just asking for opinions.
i was looking at those chinese hybrid inverters (identical to mpp solar) but neither (chinese or mpp solar) suggest a minimum working voltage. only state MPPT range (120-450v) and Max Input voltage (500v)

Back