diy solar

diy solar

What is the best monitoring and config app/web for voltronic inverter?

Yes, but when you open the web page it allows you to install a semi-app kind of thing on your home screen. It works very well

Yes it is a one time payment and you get it for life. Its actually very simple. If you buy the raspberry pi from them all pre-loaded, all you do is plug it in and turn it on. There is just a few settings and its up and running. Worth every penny.

Nothing free out there is going to be good. The only free one I know of is the Watchpower app and it is just hot-garbage.

I am happy with growatt web and app which is free. Is there anything similar to it for voltronic?

ok, but frankly i find it too expensive to spend 300$+ for a monitoring tool for my house - solar system.

is there any workaround or way to save on this?

Curious, how much did you spend on your home's solar PV system?
"too expensive" should not be measured neither compared to the initial investment, it is measured to the ROI, I am finding it frankly unnecessary to add new hardware, this will consume more of my time on installation and maintenance on the long run, at the time when other manufacturer are providing such tool for free.

Another technical aspect which i find it also unpractical, data from the inverter is already getting generated, the Raspberry device will collect and manage it in a user friendly and meaningful way for analysis and control, why such data are not sent to the clouds and such a Raspberry device or VM is not hosted on the clouds and made to serve all users for an acceptable fee? this would make more sense and less maintenance and worry without the need to buy/install/configure and maintenance the server (Raspberry). We ensure service stability, continuity and up to date.

ok, but frankly i find it too expensive to spend 300$+ for a monitoring tool for my house - solar system.

is there any workaround or way to save on this?
I felt the same way. And after trying several other options. And wasting $250 in total. I decided to go for it. I wish that I would have just done it to begin with.
Being a stubborn old man can get expensive, sometimes. lol

"too expensive" should not be measured neither compared to the initial investment, it is measured to the ROI
The data the system provides enables me to squeeze more performance out of my system. It adds value by enabling options I would not otherwise have access to.

at the time when other manufacturer are providing such tool for free
Then buy their kit. Or make your own.

However I think you will find it's not free - it's baked into the price of their kit. Solar Assistant for me has taken a cheap inverter and added capability well beyond that price.

Another technical aspect which i find it also unpractical, data from the inverter is already getting generated, the Raspberry device will collect and manage it in a user friendly and meaningful way for analysis and control, why such data are not sent to the clouds and such a Raspberry device or VM is not hosted on the clouds and made to serve all users for an acceptable fee?
Solar Assistant operates both locally and via the internet if you so wish. It's up to you how you access it. I can monitor mine with my phone wherever I am, and I can also control the inverter's operation remotely as well.

Added to that it also integrates with Home Assistant and is being upgraded right now to enable Home Assistant access to inverter control functions - which means all sorts of automation is possible, including load management based on the inverter data, or inverter management based on loads. But it is also adding additional management features which don't come with the inverter.

No one is forcing you to buy anything.

But you are asking for something for nothing. Nothing in this space is for free. Stuff that is "free" is being paid for with something else, usually the sale of your personal information and data.

The data the system provides enables me to squeeze more performance out of my system. It adds value by enabling options I would not otherwise have access to.

Then buy their kit. Or make your own.

However I think you will find it's not free - it's baked into the price of their kit. Solar Assistant for me has taken a cheap inverter and added capability well beyond that price.

Solar Assistant operates both locally and via the internet if you so wish. It's up to you how you access it. I can monitor mine with my phone wherever I am, and I can also control the inverter's operation remotely as well.

Added to that it also integrates with Home Assistant and is being upgraded right now to enable Home Assistant access to inverter control functions - which means all sorts of automation is possible, including load management based on the inverter data, or inverter management based on loads. But it is also adding additional management features which don't come with the inverter.

No one is forcing you to buy anything.

But you are asking for something for nothing. Nothing in this space is for free. Stuff that is "free" is being paid for with something else, usually the sale of your personal information and data.

What I was trying to explain, Solar Assistant can sell the Service instead of selling hardware and this a win-win situation for both, seller and buyer.

They don't need to install devices, neither selling it, they can sell their service by having our inverters to send the data directly to their servers on the clouds, we will just have to login through web or mobile apps and get the same service you are getting now. This can be for a monthly or yearly subscription.

The question was "what is the best ".
Do what you want, with the answer.

What I was trying to explain, Solar Assistant can sell the Service instead of selling hardware and this a win-win situation for both, seller and buyer.
You don't have to buy hardware from them, you can just download the software onto your own supplied hardware.

They don't need to install devices, neither selling it, they can sell their service by having our inverters to send the data directly to their servers on the clouds
How do you propose the data would get to their server?

Back