diy solar

diy solar

What is the best way to run wires? ECO-WORTHY 2KW Grid Tie Inverter with Limiter

gingerboy

Got 6 Trina 340W Panels, think about put them together to 2000W Inverter (output 240V).

here is Panel's spec:
  • Imp 8.9A
  • Vmp 38.2V
  • Isc 9.5A
  • Voc 46.2V
the Inverter input is 45V - 90V. the Best I can do is 2s 3p, if 3s, will exceed the input Voltage. The Voc is 46.2V, so if 2 panels in series, will the voltage exceed 90V during full sun at noon?
and if 2s 3p, which wire shall I connect to Inverter? AWG 10 or AWG 8?

Thanks.

Noon isn't going to be your problem area usually. Solar panels rise to their full voltage in very little light so the potential for over voltage is usually early in the morning when the cells are still cool, unless of course you have very low temperatures later in the day. 92.4 leaves little wiggle room so I'd be hesitant to do that configuration unless you live in a part of the world that always sees daylight over 20c.

Can you post a link to a web page for your inverter?

Noon isn't going to be your problem area usually. Solar panels rise to their full voltage in very little light so the potential for over voltage is usually early in the morning when the cells are still cool, unless of course you have very low temperatures later in the day. 92.4 leaves little wiggle room so I'd be hesitant to do that configuration unless you live in a part of the world that always sees daylight over 20c.

Can you post a link to a web page for your inverter?

here is the inverter
So, how about the wire size?

I can't find a manual for that unit that would hopefully give more detail to the voltage from the array. If you have to stay under 90V you can only use your panels in parallel. That might just be the MPPT range though, with actual voltage limit being higher. Unless you can find the manual you'll have to assume 90V.

6 panels in parallel = ~53A. That might run into another limit on the unit, the maximum current. Can you link to a copy of the manual, or have you purchased all this already? If you haven't purchased the inverter my advice would be that you don't until eco-worthy can advise the maximum PV voltage and maximum PV current too.

Depending on distance, cable being in conduit, insulation temperature ratings etc you may be looking at 8 or 9AWG from the array to the inverter, 8 being the safer bet.

Hi, thank you "gnubie".
I am going to get the GTI, there are several brands but all look same, guess they are all make in China, maybe even from single manufacturer.
Yeap, it is the current make me headache. I found the probably same model at taobao.com, the spec doesn't show anything about current.
Since the voltage range is 45-90, I assume that it is base on 48V module, then the current will be close to 41.88888.....A
Guess I will try 2s 3p setup, see how is going.

Back