diy solar

diy solar

what is wrong if anything with my battery connections pic for clarity

Flyguy0101

Okay so i have 2 lifepo4 batteries each with their own bms and then i have connected the positive of each to the power switch with identical gauge and length wires i have also connected both of the negative poles to the shunt again all equal lengths. I have tested the inverter pulling 1450w and was able to see from the individual BMSs that each battery was giving equal amperage ~57 amps each (batteries were at 13.2v) this is not the traditional way to parrallel two batteries since each is "feeding" the system individual although they are also connected together at those points. so questions are- 1. Is this acceptable or will it result in one battery giving more juice then the other over time? 2. Should or could i add a jumper to the positive poles to connect the batteries poles directly together? this would essental make a triangle with the 2/0 wires running equal length to the swutch and a shorter 2/0 wire connecting the terminals. I hope this makes sense and i am looking forward to feedback.
thanks
SIMG_2971.JPG

IMG_2969.JPG

Looks like you have a 2 battery switch and if it gives you the 1/2/both option then no need to jumper the batteries as the switch dictates a parallel config. No different that wiring both to a busbar, yours is just on a switch.

nope battery switch is a single on off switch just conecting both battery leads to common pole

nope battery switch is a single on off switch just conecting both battery leads to common pole
Then in that switch is a busbar, so it should work to parallel. If you want the option of separating them into 2 batteries, you'll want to swap out that switch for the one I mentioned above.

Back