diy solar

diy solar

What price is fair for used cells?

Maybe fifty percent.
I would rather buy new ones for my own project.
I think you dodged a bullet. ;)
Thanks! I’ll never know if those cells were a great bargain or a previously abused set which would have failed early, but they’re gone now so I’m not dwelling on it. (y)

Interesting info. A lot of the factors they’re identifying for the pause in dropping prices seem like they should be temporary effects.

If it’s the case that adoption of EVs may have been delayed a couple of years at least it gives a bit more time for the charging network to get built.

Price predictions are hard since new technologies might be flooding the market end or start of next year. If the new production runs are good and people are happy with them than Lithium might see even more of a drop. Looking at Sodium-ion batteries to be promising. But new batteries are promised every few months with delays. If the price drop continues another 30-40% might pickup LiFePO4 for my uncles setup.

OP is old post by now so probably sold/bought. But of course check the vents on top, no leaks and no bloating. People make rookie mistakes all the time, charging in neg temp etc. So always a risk from private seller since little recourse if they are bad. $70 seems okay for current market, I'd offer $50 per cell. I seen another post in EU, couple year old batteries, pics were bad quality but looked like all the vents were blasted/discoloured.

Last edited:
Back