diy solar

diy solar

What refund would you ask for?

I ordered 32x 272Ah Lishen cells and after being told a number of times that they're grade A, I was not impressed when I received them. Now I'm looking to tell prospective customers that they have cosmetic defects, which will reduce my revenue.
How much money should I claim for in the Alibaba trade assurance claim? I was thinking 25% to 50%.

Avoid Exliporc New Energy (Shenzhen) Co., Ltd.!

IMG_20210414_115823.jpg
A little hard to see, but there's a crack.

IMG_20210414_115829.jpg
Terrible application of the cover

IMG_20210414_115918.jpg
This one is within specs, but it does not instill confidence in their capacity test.

IMG_20210414_120527.jpg
Off centre thread (more noticeable in person).

IMG_20210414_121106.jpg
IMG_20210414_121205.jpg
Three dents on a random battery I looked at.

IMG_20210414_121116.jpg
These stickers are everywhere and I'm guessing they're there to mark imperfections. Some cells have 5 or more (usually under the wrap).

IMG_20210414_121520 (1).jpg
Valve covers missing on two cells and damaged on a third.

Attachments

• IMG_20210414_120549.jpg
    IMG_20210414_120549.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 81
% refund, wow, they knowing misrepresented the product,

Item received does NOT match item advertised. Get a full refund and stand your ground, I hope you paid with your CC, Call you CC and watch the dance.

Letter grades IMO are only meaningful if you and the vendor have agreed on the specifics of the meaning.
Did you get written agreement on what "grade a" means?

Requested a full refund on the basis that they bear no resemblance to the advertised photos, let's see how it goes.
I don't have confidence in the Alibaba process. Some have described it as more of a reconciliation process. I have never put much emphasis on the term "Grade A" because there is no industry definition of what that actually means. As far as I can tell the Chinese language does not have a similar Alphabet and is mostly word based. Grade A could mean anything. Just for the fun of it I put Grade A into a translator and got Jia Ji. I then translated Jia Ji back to English and and it came out "expedited".
The point is a lot could be lost in translation. ;)

I ordered 32x 272Ah Lishen cells and after being told a number of times that they're grade A, I was not impressed when I received them. Now I'm looking to tell prospective customers that they have cosmetic defects, which will reduce my revenue.
How much money should I claim for in the Alibaba trade assurance claim? I was thinking 25% to 50%.

Avoid Exliporc New Energy (Shenzhen) Co., Ltd.!

View attachment 45272
A little hard to see, but there's a crack.

View attachment 45273
Terrible application of the cover

View attachment 45274
This one is within specs, but it does not instill confidence in their capacity test.

View attachment 45275
Off centre thread (more noticeable in person).

View attachment 45277
View attachment 45279
Three dents on a random battery I looked at.

View attachment 45278
These stickers are everywhere and I'm guessing they're there to mark imperfections. Some cells have 5 or more (usually under the wrap).

View attachment 45280
Valve covers missing on two cells and damaged on a third.
The only vendor I know for sure is selling grade A is Amy, and you pay for that.

I can't be the only one that thinks this when reading it.

I bought cheap "grade A" batteries. They appear to be not "grade A" with imperfections and resale to "perspective customers" will reduce revenue.

Starting with better known source helps even if the profit margin is less, unless your looking for the one and done sale.

Welcome to the world of business. Being the middleman can have its highs and lows. If they test at "full" capacity sell at cost or slightly more. Lesson learned not to use the cheaper sorce for your perspective customers.

Not meant as an attack just an observation put into type. ;)

I can't be the only one that thinks this when reading it.

I bought cheap "grade A" batteries. They appear to be not "grade A" with imperfections and resale to "perspective customers" will reduce revenue.

Starting with better known source helps even if the profit margin is less, unless your looking for the one and done sale.

Welcome to the world of business. Being the middleman can have its highs and lows. If they test at "full" capacity sell at cost or slightly more. Lesson learned not to use the cheaper sorce for your perspective customers.

Not meant as an attack just an observation put into type. ;)
I might say yes, fair enough, but the other supplier that had ordered from a few times before (they where out of stock), were $7.20 cheaper just a month earlier.

So I don't think it's unreasonable to expect the same or better quality for a product that's 10% more expensive, do you? (Also not an attack at you)

My opinion is that those cells will probably function just as well as what most of us got.

But looks have value so you do deserve something back.

There is a lot more to this than looks and a cell capacity test.

In the whole picture those two things are almost insignificant unless you find a cell under 260Ah. That is just my opinion of course.

edit: EVE cell spec says IR below .25 is acceptable. I think mine were .17 +/- .02 and I couldn't tell any difference between them.

Last edited:
I might say yes, fair enough, but the other supplier that had ordered from a few times before (they where out of stock), were $7.20 cheaper just a month earlier.

So I don't think it's unreasonable to expect the same or better quality for a product that's 10% more expensive, do you? (Also not an attack at you)
It's cool. We all have been on the short end of the stick one time or another. It su ks just lessons of life. o_O

I've heard of folks getting full refunds but the seller wanted the cells shipped back to China at the purchaser's expense.
Devil is in the details.

You are not going to get anything. Just suck it up and use them.

Greg
You're quite likely right, but that's only plan C.
Plan A right now is the Alibaba dispute.
Plan B is a credit card charge back.

If that fails I will have to suck it up. I actually on-sell them, but I won't do the same thing that they did to me and pretend that they are garde A to my buyers. I'll just have to tell them and live with a very much reduced profit margin.

You're quite likely right, but that's only plan C.
Plan A right now is the Alibaba dispute.
Plan B is a credit card charge back.

If that fails I will have to suck it up. I actually on-sell them, but I won't do the same thing that they did to me and pretend that they are garde A to my buyers. I'll just have to tell them and live with a very much reduced profit margin.
Honesty is a good policy when dealing with consumers in the USA, they like to do charge backs. Yes it sucks for your profit margin, but less hassle if you are honest. At least you know a vendor to avoid in the future.

Honesty is a good policy when dealing with consumers in the USA, they like to do charge backs. Yes it sucks for your profit margin, but less hassle if you are honest. At least you know a vendor to avoid in the future.
Australia, but yes, I completely agree. Just because someone misrepresented the product to me, does not mean that I should then misrepresent it to my customers.
If I did, I really wouldn't have any right to complain about dodgy business practices if I engaged in them myself too.

Not feelin too good about my order through Exliporc New Energy (Shenzhen) Co right about now... My 16 310Ah cells supposedly shipped 4/7/21...

Not feelin too good about my order through Exliporc New Energy (Shenzhen) Co right about now... My 16 310Ah cells supposedly shipped 4/7/21...
I believe there was someone else that said that they received 310Ah and they were fine. Just search for their name on this forum and that thread should come up.
Hope it all works out for you!

Back